~>Bungie Leaves Microsoft<~

oh my god

No offense, But im tired of hearing about Marathon. Marathon sucks, and it always did suck. The only reason why it was considered so good was it was one of the only games ON the Mac, Period. Which you could still argue is the case, but not so much.

Being the best of like 3 FPSs does not make the game automatically legendary.

You can argue against this all you want, flock Marathon.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marathon was practically the precusor to Halo in the first place. But I happen to like Marathon more because of it's multiplayer (at the time) was awesome.

oh my god

No offense, But im tired of hearing about Marathon. Marathon sucks, and it always did suck. The only reason why it was considered so good was it was one of the only games ON the Mac, Period. Which you could still argue is the case, but not so much.

Being the best of like 3 FPSs does not make the game automatically legendary.

You can argue against this all you want, flock Marathon.

You are incorrect. For its time Marathon was pretty damn special.

Marathon was great. It Might even be better than doom.

It's not that good. It's different. Marathon has a story but I'd rather Doom's gameplay which is possibly one of the best designed games ever.

Well i think it was, Marathon was basically the Mac's competition to Doom, and Doom is phenomenal - Marathon was boring.

Even if it was a PC only title i would still hate it, it just never seemed like that special of a game to me, in fact if it was a PC only title i would probably hate it even more just because it would lose whatever special value it gains from being harder to play in terms of finding a mac which not as many people own.

and calling it the precurser to halo doesnt make it any better, Halo is still just above average, so you have a just above average precurser to a just above average game. Big deal.

I DO think Bungie is vastly improving with every game they put out however with the exception of that joke of a game Halo 2 (which admittantly was ruined more by the community than them, but there where some pretty serious balance issues they could have done something about) So i'm really interested to see what they do next now that they pretty much have the freedom to do whatever they want. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess their next game/series if they make it wont won't be a FPS though. It would be cool if they made an RPG that could break the mold and appeal to everyone like halo did.