What ever happened to those guys making Zinc?

Wizard

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The ironic thing is, even with MAME++ out of the picture, he still doesn't bother to do anything with Zinc.

Prove me wrong and I'll donate something to that.

No ax, Mame++ is dead because all it really added was online play (basically just made it kaillera enabled) from the Mame+ build.

Funny thing is, if any of the mame devs don't like something about ANY mame build, they'll say it's an abomination and that it shouldn't exist. Most of them are really stuck up bastards. Some of them are really nice though. I'm not gonna say any names other then Belmont's.

The ironic thing is, even with MAME++ out of the picture, he still doesn't bother to do anything with Zinc.

Prove me wrong and I'll donate something to that.

No ax, Mame++ is dead because all it really added was online play (basically just made it kaillera enabled) from the Mame+ build.

No, MAME++ added something more special, it supports the closed source haardware renderers of Zinc and that made the games better looking and a lot faster.

Funny thing is, if any of the mame devs don't like something about ANY mame build, they'll say it's an abomination and that it shouldn't exist. Most of them are really stuck up bastards. Some of them are really nice though. I'm not gonna say any names other then Belmont's.

Yeah, I totally agree to this. They are great in coding but a lot seems to be stuck up bastards.

But MAME++ had really ONE big license disagreement: no sourcecode was released. The other to "don't link to closed source software (kaillera and pete's plugin)" and the Non-MAME games was nice either, but I don't know, why it needs to be closed down and then no new Zinc appears...

Btw: they wanted to make Zinc open source wih the new release, probably that's the problem, they have a totally messy source! :lol: