Sony announces new slimmer PSP with Video-Out!

ill buy it if it can shoot the discs out with deadly force

Im pretty sure the only reason for this is some new anti-mod scheme. I mean look at it PSP now, its easily hacked no matter what. They probably only made it thinner so no mod-chips could fit in it in the event they where necessary.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't I the shizzle for the low down on rumors? Anyways what Ahmad is saying is completely false, there is no indication, nor any signs that a new type of Wii is coming out, hell Nintendo is still trying to catch up on all the friking pre-orders.

Wrong, NOJ confirmed shortly after launch, that a DVD enabled Wii would be released.....they just didn't say when.

As for it being released outside of Japan, who knows.

Correction, Ahmed claimed a blu-ray drive, which was what I specifically talking about, I thought everyone knew about the DVD enabled Wii...

Guys.. a PSP with...

TV-OUT. OMGWTF. How cool is that? That is assuming it has all the homebrew capabilities this one has though. And why shouldn't it. Damn.

It definitely would be great for the Sony PSP.

I thought the TV-Out feature for the GP2x was terrible and that was actually one of the main reasons why I was so interested in reviewing it.

I haven't read up on this much yet but is there a dedicated TV-Out port on this new model? I didn't see one.

Those TV-out modules are in existing firmwares anyway, so what if there were a USB link up, maybe with some in-built chip, that would allow current models to output to TV too? It could be the same as the faster / 333Mhz speeds. All PSPs are capable of them, but theyre making it out to be an unique selling point now to shift new units.

Wouldn't it be cool if we saw TV-out adapters for our old models released sometime after the Slim model has broken the market in?

Wouldn't it be cool if we saw TV-out adapters for our old models released sometime after the Slim model has broken the market in?

I would pay up to $60 for a cable that could do that. That would be awesome as for the ones that have homebrew on the PSP could easily play CPS2, GBA, etc. games on the big screen TV. Oh, it's a dream, but could it really happen?

Yeh but none stream video from the PSP... they just project optically from the PSPs LCD. Plus they are expensive and cumbersome.

Not as good as a direct feed.

Well, there was one device called the PSP2TV which you practically had to butcher the PSP, and solder a few wires for it to give you a direct stream video from the PSP. It also gave you the option to connect a PS2 controller. I believe that device was around $120 and of course a biatch to install. You can read the read reviews of it here and here.

There have been rumors ever since the DS Lite hit that Sony was also planning a redesign of its portable. Some of those rumors have ground in reality, some of them are just wishful thinking. Nothing official has been announced, and Sony has shot down any chatter regarding a redesign saying it's not happening. With all this, PSP2 looks to be a pipe-dream ? Like it's not happening.

Apparently, it is.

Various third party and highly placed sources state that the PSP2 is coming. Speculation is swirling around the industry, and third party publishers are hoping to tie their games to the PSP2 launch. Thing is, Sony has yet to pass along any information about when that will be. Meaning we won't see big third party titles at launch.

Word has it that a big announcement will most likely hit at E3 with Sony unveiling the redesigned portable. An announcement of launch date (which should be sometime 4th quarter) is entirely possible as well. The redesigned product apparently does exist as this is what we've heard so far:

The screen is gorgeous

The loads are faster

Improved buttons

Internal flash ? 8GB

Possible touch-screen

Possible built-in camera

Uses UMD

There have been rumors ever since the DS Lite hit that Sony was also planning a redesign of its portable. Some of those rumors have ground in reality, some of them are just wishful thinking. Nothing official has been announced, and Sony has shot down any chatter regarding a redesign saying it's not happening. With all this, PSP2 looks to be a pipe-dream ? Like it's not happening.

Apparently, it is.

Various third party and highly placed sources state that the PSP2 is coming. Speculation is swirling around the industry, and third party publishers are hoping to tie their games to the PSP2 launch. Thing is, Sony has yet to pass along any information about when that will be. Meaning we won't see big third party titles at launch.

Word has it that a big announcement will most likely hit at E3 with Sony unveiling the redesigned portable. An announcement of launch date (which should be sometime 4th quarter) is entirely possible as well. The redesigned product apparently does exist as this is what we've heard so far:

The screen is gorgeous

The loads are faster

Improved buttons

Internal flash ? 8GB

Possible touch-screen

Possible built-in camera

Uses UMD

Seems like your news is outdated. If you clicked the source links in the first post of this news and read title of this news post, you would see that Sony has already announced the new Sony PSP Redesign at E3. And of course it exists, the second source link shows screenshots of it. :)