Anyone ever owned a Jaguar console?

I bought an SNES with two games and three controllers for $20 at a church rummage sale... and I got an NES with 2 controllers, two games (Tiger Heli, Mario + Duck Hunt 2-in-1) and a light gun for $10 in Iowa. :banghead: Good times...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jaguar has a near worthless library of games, and for Atari to ship a 3 button controller with the console is unforgivable when the SNES set the standard to 6 buttons the year prior.

It didn't help much when Atari released a 6 button controller, because by that time the console was pretty much forgotten already. Then Atari as a console maker and a game developer crumbled under the mistakes it had done in the past.

Heh, the Jaguar was supposed to be the first 64-bit console.

Yes, and it very much wasn't worth it in the end. At first it was cool, but software support was sorely lacking and the controller is THE worst design EVER.

I also owned a 3DO, that cost me so much money I couldn't afford games for it.......not that there really were any worth buying anyway.

I now have another 3DO, but I won't get a Jag again. I only collect standalone CD/DVD based systems.

At least the 3DO was better than the CD-i. :banghead:

As far as Atari is concerned, their best console is still the Atari 2600. The Atari 5200 was once again hampered by serious design flaws (lovely controllers, don't you think?) and the thing was hueg liek teh xbox.

Yes, and it very much wasn't worth it in the end. At first it was cool, but software support was sorely lacking and the controller is THE worst design EVER.

I also owned a 3DO, that cost me so much money I couldn't afford games for it.......not that there really were any worth buying anyway.

I now have another 3DO, but I won't get a Jag again. I only collect standalone CD/DVD based systems.

I liked the 3DO

As far as Atari is concerned, their best console is still the Atari 2600. The Atari 5200 was once again hampered by serious design flaws (lovely controllers, don't you think?) and the thing was hueg liek teh xbox.

I think all the Atari consoles sucked ass. Though this is based on the fact that at some point in time, I've owned practically every computer they ever made. From a 600XL to a Falcon, with my 1040 STE being my fav. The consoles paled in comparison to what the computers had to offer, even in games.

I think all the Atari consoles sucked ass. Though this is based on the fact that at some point in time, I've owned practically every computer they ever made. From a 600XL to a Falcon, with my 1040 STE being my fav. The consoles paled in comparison to what the computers had to offer, even in games.

The Jaguar was that bad. I believe it would have been better if they had upgraded it to CD-ROM drive.

The Jaguar was that bad. I believe it would have been better if they had upgraded it to CD-ROM drive.

Atari later released CD-ROM addon to the Jaguar, similar to what Sega did with the 32X, with almost equally poor results. Didn't really help much, as the games still sucked ass.

Atari later released CD-ROM addon to the Jaguar, similar to what Sega did with the 32X, with almost equally poor results. Didn't really help much, as the games still sucked ass.

Ah that's right. I had forgotten about that.

Too bad CD-Rom's then were barely bucking past the 1-10x speed range.

It was all FMV games back then with barely any interactivity in them. The actors were horrible. The good thing was that the jaguar didn't have too many of these games in its library, compared to other CD-based consoles.

I actually had one of these, bought primarily for AvP. Software library was poor to say the least but I don't regret getting one. I think I only had AvP, Cybermorph, Iron Soldier, Theme Park and (my personal fav) International Sensible Soccer. Ironically ISS was the best ever console conversion of the popular (in the) UK game.