Bored out of my flocking mind

Alpha

Downloading things for some reason is alot more fun then actually using it. I currently have my eye on a 5 finger Windows Vista. :) i see $$ happening.

why don't you just call Micro$oft for valid keys?

Last I remember, I obtained several by calling them for a new one.

Did you already have a purchased copy of Windows Vista? :naughty:

Wouldn't you like to know.

Guess not. You must know your way around with microsoft operators. :)

Seeing as how most are from India ...

anyway, no, it wasn't that hard at all. At the time, they weren't asking for any personal information or anything of the sort.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That reminds me of the Hewlett Packard technical support for their computers. Yeah, I've bought a few HP desktops in the past. All I can say is, the support team from India is a real pain to deal with. Sometimes I don't understand them and most of the time they don't understand me. I don't know how JD & Power gave them an award in customer support last year.

Also, computer companies in Florida (Aliewnare, Dell) seem to hire a lot of Cubans for their customer support. They're better than Indians, but I forget how many times I've been lost in translation.

Downloading things for some reason is alot more fun then actually using it. I currently have my eye on a 5 finger Windows Vista. :) i see $$ happening.

anyway, no, it wasn't that hard at all. At the time, they weren't asking for any personal information or anything of the sort.

How much of this is the truth? :)

Yeh I also somehow doubt Microsoft support are authorised to just hand out product keys to anonymous folk.

Of course not. He must have manipulated the operator ... lied to them in someway, shape, or form to make them believe he has a purchased copy of Windows Vista in his hands.

Think a little people. :naughty:

Maybe he means activation keys.

When I got my XP computer, I rang up, read the number to them, and they gave me another number to type in.

I can't imagine support just giving CD keys over the phone with no proof.

How much of this is the truth? :)

Do you need screenshots of my enabled RTM version via valid key from M$?

Yeh I also somehow doubt Microsoft support are authorised to just hand out product keys to anonymous folk.

Of course not. He must have manipulated the operator ... lied to them in someway, shape, or form to make them believe he has a purchased copy of Windows Vista in his hands.

I just remember the one and only time I ever called up MS for tech support, they wanted to know every detail from where I bought my comp to what my mother's maiden name was before they would tell me anything. Not that they ended up helping me at all, but still. I don't think I could've slipped a fake or non-existant key past them.

I just remember the one and only time I ever called up MS for tech support, they wanted to know every detail from where I bought my comp to what my mother's maiden name was before they would tell me anything. Not that they ended up helping me at all, but still. I don't think I could've slipped a fake or non-existant key past them.

DropDeadEd's Guide for obtaining a valid License Key:

Call Microsoft

Insist you need a new key because you lost the packaging.

Insist, and reinforce.

You now have a working license key for Vista.

DropDeadEd's Guide for obtaining a valid License Key:

Call Microsoft

Insist you need a new key because you lost the packaging.

Insist, and reinforce.

You now have a working license key for Vista.

Worth a shot, I guess. Might've had more of an inclination to try if I was at all enticed by Vista.