XBOX 360 Elite coming soon!

Robert

Source

Microsoft Unveils Xbox 360 Elite

Xbox 360™ Elite is the newest addition to the Xbox family that includes a huge 120GB hard drive (the largest available for any gaming console), a high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) port, a high-definition cable, and a premium black finish. The Xbox 360 Elite also includes a black wireless controller and black Xbox Live® headset.

Components and Features

* Elite Console

Xbox 360 Elite is equipped with a premium black finish and three powerful core processors, full surround sound, HDMI output, and DVD playback with upscaling capabilities right out of the box.

* 120GB Hard Drive

The huge 120GB detachable hard drive is the largest available on any console. It lets you save your games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, extra game levels, demos, and other content available from Xbox Live Marketplace.

* Black Wireless Controller

The sleek black finish of this high-performance wireless controller matches the style of the Elite Console. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries.

Other Components Sold Separately

* Black Rechargable Battery Pack

With the new black Rechargeable Battery Packs, you can juice up additional wireless controllers with the Play and Charge Kit you already own. Match the style of Xbox 360 Elite with the black Rechargeable Battery Pack.

* Black Play & Charge Kit

Now available in black, the Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit comes complete with a charging cable and rechargeable battery pack. It’s all you need to juice up your Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

ilmxbox360elitesystem002.jpgsimxbox360elitesystem003.jpg

I was waiting for the Black 120GB 360. But what's with that crazy price? Admittedly that US figure is about what we here in Aus pay for the Premium one as it is... so I'm scared to think what the Elite will cost when its released here in Winter.

They really should have retired one of the existing SKUs and introduced this at the Premium price point. I meant seriously... how much can the larger 2.5" HDD really be costing them? And still no built-in WiFi. What the hell, MS?

The only reason I see of buying this is the extended space of the 120 gig hdd. Even so saved games don't take up that much space in the first place unless you have saved movies, tv shows, and demos etc.

I was waiting for the Black 120GB 360. But what's with that crazy price? Admittedly that US figure is about what we here in Aus pay for the Premium one as it is... so I'm scared to think what the Elite will cost when its released here in Winter.

They really should have retired one of the existing SKUs and introduced this at the Premium price point. I meant seriously... how much can the larger 2.5" HDD really be costing them? And still no built-in WiFi. What the hell, MS?

Because quite a few us(circle of friends of mine who all work at various stores) agreed that the current 360's HDD is a ripoff for teh sales price.

But yes, I agree they should of retired one of the existing SKUs (Core comes to mind) for this. As for no build in Wifi, I myself and not a fan of Wifi and never plan to use it until it becomes the definate way to connect to the internet.

It doesn't seem that much of an improvement from the original 360 anyways. I don't see the point of paying for a larger HD (original one is large enough) and a new color.