RIAA at it again

I'm REALLY starting to believe that more than just an economic flip-flop between the US and China will happen. I'm starting to believe that freedoms as well will flip-flop, as they appear to be doing just that.

Next thing you know, China will be an economic powerhouse with lots of freedoms, and the US will be in the poorhouse without even the freedom of speech.

This is another step on the road to the corporations running the USA. In this case, radio stations must pay extortion or get sued. Like the mafia in the old days, except this time it's sanctioned by the Government (corporations in disguise).

And, because the stations aren't part of Big Corporation, they must, ergo, be squeezed out.

Back in 1970 some of the record companies tried this with the radio stations. The radio stations simply did not play the affected music, and about 8 months later the record companies caved in. But they have never forgotten.

Isn't the US supposed to be the "land of the free?" Every day this becomes farther from the truth. As soon as I leave college, I'm either going to Canada or Italy for some real freedom.

you know what.

i'm an egyptian american, and personally i'm flocking sick and tired of americans complaining about how their government is screwing them, how the RIAA is getting laws passed...etc

i'm also sick and tired of people worldwide complaining aobut their goverments.

apparently, somewhere along the lines, people forgot that governments are made to serve the people, not the other way around.

if you don't like a law, HAVE IT CHANGED.

the only reason the corporate bastards manage to get laws that flock the people passed, is because they try and because the people themselves are apathetic and allow the lobbyists and others to get their way.

seriously, i don't vote for any senator or president that i even THINK is gonna fleece the people. i actually vote Green when i can.

and actually the only 'democracy" in the world with a weak green party is the usa... go figure.

well its pretty stupid that these are the things the government is worried about passing laws for when there are much more serious problems

safety and protection and everything is by far more important than greedy businessmen.

There are people that fight it, alot of them, problem is they do it in the wrong way (like by just doing it anyway) or they fight it by moving to another country, neither of those really solves anything here.