PS3 Features removed for PAL Launch

BlackKnight

Yep. The PAL PS3 is going to lack an Emotion Engine chip that is embedded in each American and Japanese unit. Which means 'limited' support for PS2 titles. Obviously it has been beaten to death already, but this compounded by the fact that the machine will still cost more in PAL regions than it has in the US. Of less fanfare, the Wii-esque motion sensing capability of the Sixaxis seems to have taken a hit as well.

Here, here, here and here.

I though about posting this, but never got around to it. More sad news for Europeans as if we haven't been shafted enough already.

Is it really that difficult to give the Europeans the same stuff Japan and the US gets, and on time no less?

wow well i think it is the start for the price cut which has to happen this summer and this holiday. sony is really taking a nice hit on their consoles right now but since games are starting to get released for it they will start very slowly to make a lil scratch not a profit mind you but start gaining some of the money they are bleeding now.

Is the price remain the same? seriously this news is a kick in the nuts, I have no idea what Sony is thinking. All i know is, I don't think UK should get treated like this. FFS! just cancel the PS3 shipment for UK and pronnouce the console non-exsistance. If not I think UK deserve a bargain price for the PS3 due to all these rediculous changes especially the damn delay to begin with.

Is the price remain the same? seriously this news is a kick in the nuts, I have no idea what Sony is thinking. All i know is, I don't think UK should get treated like this. FFS! just cancel the PS3 shipment for UK and pronnouce the console non-exsistance. If not I think UK deserve a bargain price for the PS3 due to all these rediculous changes especially the damn delay to begin with.

Us infidels in the UK are well used to maltreatment by Sony/Nintendo/Sega etc. This is just another chapter in our console history.. :)

I thought 100% backwards compatibility (a slap in the face to M$, but causes laughter at Ninty HQ), and the Six-Axis were major marketing points for the PS3... So now we're going to focus solely on the Cell? They really don't care about actually selling consoles, do they?

Well, I actually entertained the idea of buying a PS3 here in South Africa ( even at the redicilous price of $900 )

but this is yet another slap in the face from sony. Thanks but no thanks. I'll get a Wii instead.