What is your definition for "EMULATION" ?

rubiocroft

hI!... iT'S ME again....

I'm still working on my homework about this web site... It was very helpful to get your opinions about the reason of this site...but now I need to explain some terms like:

EMULATION (Is it just for fun or the process of being able to do it??

A 1EMULATION.COM MEMBER (why do we use a game character pic, for example lol)

wELL I hope to get a reply soon !

bye!

RUBIO

CHili

i define emulation as the running of software for one system on another, which can be used for business and fun, but i do it mainly for fun (Business would be like running WINE in Linux to get Windows Apps to run in Linux) and i think the reason we pick the avatars we do is because they are supposed to represent us/our interests/favorite characters in a game

em‧u‧late  /v. ˈɛmyəˌleɪt; adj. ˈɛmyəlɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[v. em-yuh-leyt; adj. em-yuh-lit] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -lat‧ed, -lat‧ing, adjective

–verb (used with object)

1. to try to equal or excel; imitate with effort to equal or surpass: to emulate one's father as a concert violinist.

2. to rival with some degree of success: Some smaller cities now emulate the major capitals in their cultural offerings.

3. Computers.

a. to imitate (a particular computer system) by using a software system, often including a microprogram or another computer that enables it to do the same work, run the same programs, etc., as the first.

b. to replace (software) with hardware to perform the same task.

–adjective

Here at 1emu, we're mostly just annoying people who take someone's seemingly serious questions and mangle them for fun all the while not providing a single bit of useful information. :P At least... some of us are. :(

The definition of emulation is kinda like how you defined it. Many emu authors develop emulators (usually for their favorite system or a popular one). The latter being to test their skills or to bring emulation to the next level. Emulation is basically just a program being able to run games on old systems. I think the best use for emulation is that it preserves the old games so that we can play them when we can't. (That's the main focus of MAME is to preserve and document arcade games. Playing them is a cool bonus)

A 1emolation.com member: Just a member that visits 1emulation because they want to, and they feel that's it's their own domain.

People use game characters because its one of their favorite characters from a game, something silly they remember from a game, something cool looking, or something they remember from that particular game.

<--Just a memory from my genesis days,

A 1emolation.com member: Just a member that visits 1emulation because they want to, and they feel that's it's their own domain.

What a harsh name I've been trashed with :D.

Generic defintion :banghead:

Better than being labeled as a fanboy whose sole existence in life is to bash other systems and games with no expeience or basis at all. :P

(Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo can't be editted anymore on wiki due to fanboys desecrating the articles)

What a harsh name I've been trashed with :(.

Generic defintion :banghead:

Better than being labeled as a fanboy whose sole existence in life is to bash other systems and games with no expeience or basis at all. :P

(Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo can't be editted anymore on wiki due to fanboys desecrating the articles)

I'm pretty sure in the near future a new member will happen to unlock the spam forum, begin searching through it, and find some interesting topics, of which I will be receiving pm's soon enough. All because of that one word.

1emolation :D.