New NDS Pokemon Games

Haldrie

Since I've made a reputation here as being this forums "Pokemon expert" I thought I'd go ahead and be the first (at least I hope I'm the first) to announce two new Pokemon games that have been released for the Nintendo Dual-Screen system in Japan. Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Diamond. I don't know when they were released yet and I haven't checked any news about them as I found out about them by seeing roms on a couple of sites that I visited looking for another game. The cover picure says that is is DS WiFi compatible which I'm guessing means that there is an online play fearure like Mario Kart DS and a few other games. I will do some more digging around when I can find more time and post what I find here.

Edited by Haldrie

I've played them (In Japanese, which I do not understand -_- ). From what I've seen, the maps are semi 3D, but have some redraw(?) issues. The menu is pretty cool, and uses the touch screen in a nice way. Also, the new pokemon are SOO cool! I chose the Penguin dude (water) for my starter! :D

They were released yesterday (09/28). However, the earliest I've seen them dumped was on the 21st on several websites. The games are coming to American, but currently TBA.

You're this forums resident Pokemon expert?

Also announcing these games now... youre a bit late. Just try the Magic Box for any info you need.

Id play them except.. well... screw the DS.

K'dash is the one I'm quoting there. The only reason I found them was because I was looking for a site that had an ISO for the playstion ntsc-u version of Tomb Raider 2. I happened to stubble upon a site that had these two game shown on it's home page.

I think K'dash said that because I'm the one that figured out how to get the GBA Pokemon games and have taken the time to post all the info and keep it as up to date as possible. I was just lucky that I went to Nintendo.com the day of Mystery Dugeon's release and when I saw it I started looking for the rom. The first person I saw that had posted a link for it had already patched and that's when I realized that the news had not quite gotten out about my fix (one rom site already had thier own fix and were jerks when I posted my link and told to say I had a better one). I then decided to focus as much time as I could to keeping my topic as up to date as I could. Now it has nearly 4000 views and counting and I'm actually getting people joing the forum just to ask me for help like Jarujin did.

Anyway, I'm rambled long enough. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out and see what I can find.

Also, does anyone know which one of the many DS emulator's out there can play commercial games best? I want to get a flash card but I just don't have the money right now and I want to check out Blue Rescue Team since I already have the rom. I figured I'd ask since I'm on the subject of Pokemon anyway.

[EDIT]

Wow, this is a cool site. K'dash is right it says that they were realeased on the 28th but I can't find any more information on them. I guess it's because they are so new. I'll wait a few days and then try again and see if I can find information then.

[EDIT]

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-x3e-71...-j-70-1i4u.html

Silly me. I googled Pearl and this was the first link. It gives a brief overview of the two games and It seems I was right about the online feature (battling and trading). It also let's you trade from all of the other GBA Pokemon games and has an online voice chat feature. Check out the link to see for yourself. The are also several in-game screenshots.

Edited by Haldrie

Both Pokemon games I've read have already been sold out in Japan.

Wow, it that case I've gotta get them when they come out in the US.

Both Pokemon games I've read have already been sold out in Japan.

Wow, it that case I've gotta get them when they come out in the US.

Well, they are still available in Hong Kong via Play-Asia. -_-

I think GC forgot to mention that their in Japanese.

Drakko: This is the real Diamond, the GBC rom of it is some monster catching game thats more similar too Monster Rancher.