Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Feyd Rautha

Bleem!-like emu for PS2?

If you have a modchip, the PS2 can play PS1 backups without a problem. You know that right?

maybe he is thinking how Bleem did for DC. It can play PS1 games on DC. Perhaps he is thinking of something in reversal; playing DC games on PS2? :thumbsup1: ALthough, this is technically impossible.

Sorry! I didn't notice I wasn't being very specific! What I was trying to find out is if there was a PS2 to PC emulator that uses official game discs. I have a few games that cause DRE's in the PS2 all the time when they didn't before. Instead of fixing the PS2 or getting a new one, i thought it would be kind of neat to play them on the PC with the surround sound and all that jazz.

PS2 emulation hasn't really progressed very far yet due to the complex nature of the PS2. The best is probably pcsx2 although I have no idea if you can use an original disk with it.

PS2 emulation hasn't really progressed very far yet due to the complex nature of the PS2. The best is probably pcsx2 although I have no idea if you can use an original disk with it.

Yes, you can.

You can play original games with it but there is no surround sound support and it still can't play FMV sequences very well. That and it is very, very slow (about 5-20 fps). So basiclly you are better off getting a new PS2 for now or you can just get your current one fixed.