A Little Something to Stir Up The Blood

In non-related E3 news, we heard some buzz from Capcom a deal with DC that was close to completion (as of April 2006). In the original agreement, the first planned game was to be none other than DC vs. Street Fighter. At this point though, the licensing hasn't been finalized and we aren't sure whether this it's at a halt or is still in the works. We confirmed this news with both sides, Capcom and DC and discussions between the two was/is in the works. We really, really hope this game comes out, because as much as we love Marvel characters, DC characters are our favorites. Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, yeah, this would be awesome.

We reported two years ago that Capcom was planning on a DC vs. Marvel vs. Capcom and as we know today, this won't happen only because of the complexity in the legalities between not two, but three companies. Yes, it all comes down to money and the royalties that Marvel charges now because of it's current high demanded IP's, it's not as profitable as it once was.

In more non-related E3 news, we finally discovered from Marvel reps. the reasoning of why there was no X-Live feature in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the Xbox. Marvel at the time wasn't too familiar with how the Xbox Live online service worked and thought that Capcom was going to make residual income off each game played online, hence they wanted royalties based off how many times a gamer would go online for battle. We suspect that there's more to it than this, but this was how the Marvel representative interpreted reasoning of why the deal fell through.

Next up, JAMMA 44th AM Show in September 2006, Tokyo, Japan. In the same month, Tokyo Game Show 2006. We'll be there for both shows and have a full report and hopefully videos also.

SNK-CAPCOM

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never a huge DC fan. With Batman, the Watchmen, and a few Vertigo titles enthusiastically excepted, their heroes were always really bland to me. However, they're undeniably a large part of comic book history, and as a closet comic book geek that makes this title immensely interesting. And I think we can safely expect it to be better the extremely imperfect "Rise of the Imperfects."

Also, that link is largely useless (except for the part you posted), but the booth babe on the right in the Cars picture more than makes up for it.

I hope for 3 versions of the GL.

And they are;

Hal, Alan and, last but not least, Mogo.

How would Batman beat Ryu in a fight?

Easy, lex luther would give him super powers.

No, it's because he's the goddamn Batman.

Plus, Batman's been known to be an excellent fighter.

On that note. Give me Cassandra Cane Batgirl plzkthx

How would Batman beat Ryu in a fight?

Easy, lex luther would give him super powers.

No, it's because he's the goddamn Batman.

Plus, Batman's been known to be an excellent fighter.

Seriously. What kind of question was that anyway? Superman or the Green Lantern vs. any of the Street Fighter characters, now there's your mismatch. Unless blanka was in his yellow alternate...

ok, maybe that was too much...

[/nerd]