X3 (X-MEN 3)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen it yet, but having read the summary it's kind of interesting that they're cramming several seperate comic book storylines into one movie. I've heard it's pretty good, so I'm interested to see how they did it. Apparently it's also all set up for a sequel, which I'm happy to hear. I'll admit, I'm a nerd and I want comics to come back, damnit.

I haven't seen it yet, but having read the summary it's kind of interesting that they're cramming several seperate comic book storylines into one movie.  I've heard it's pretty good, so I'm interested to see how they did it.  Apparently it's also all set up for a sequel, which I'm happy to hear.  I'll admit, I'm a nerd and I want comics to come back, damnit.

Yeah. So have I. I had plans to see it tonight, but fell ill, short fatigue breathing for the lose.

But I already know most of what already what happens in the film

Xaiver dies, set for a 4th film basically

I haven't seen it yet, but having read the summary it's kind of interesting that they're cramming several seperate comic book storylines into one movie.  I've heard it's pretty good, so I'm interested to see how they did it.  Apparently it's also all set up for a sequel, which I'm happy to hear.  I'll admit, I'm a nerd and I want comics to come back, damnit.

Yeah. So have I. I had plans to see it tonight, but fell ill, short fatigue breathing for the lose.

But I already know most of what already what happens in the film

Xaiver dies, set for a 4th film basically

Yeah, a friend saw it and filled me in - he said "you have to go see it, you'll be pissed" and I made him explain. That's when I checked the plot summary just to see which of the hojilion things they might be planning to do next.

Apparently McTaggart has cloned Xavier in the comics, after the whole Brood thing. Seeing as he basically ends up with her, that seems a possible route for a sequel, if kind of a lame one. As long as they don't try and do Onslaught I'll be happy. And then of course we all know about Jean.

For all who haven't seen it yet, there's apparently a bit that runs after the credits, so stick around.

Apparently McTaggart has cloned Xavier in the comics, after the whole Brood thing.  Seeing as he basically ends up with her, that seems a possible route for a sequel, if kind of a lame one.  As long as they don't try and do Onslaught I'll be happy.  And then of course we all know about Jean.

Jean coming back is slim to none, because they've based her on her Ultimates version, in which she once had a crazy power calling itself "Pheonix." Word has it Scott might come back, and possibly the next film will be about Apocalypes himself and Sinister Minister.

Onslaught would require alot of modifications because it was a crossover with The Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men & Uncanny X-Men. Although it is primairly an X-Men story, it just had alot of other determining factors, such as Reed & Sue wanting to get Franklin back from Onslaught.

Apparently McTaggart has cloned Xavier in the comics, after the whole Brood thing.  Seeing as he basically ends up with her, that seems a possible route for a sequel, if kind of a lame one.  As long as they don't try and do Onslaught I'll be happy.  And then of course we all know about Jean.

Jean coming back is slim to none, because they've based her on her Ultimates version, in which she once had a crazy power calling itself "Pheonix." Word has it Scott might come back, and possibly the next film will be about Apocalypes himself and Sinister Minister.

Onslaught would require alot of modifications because it was a crossover with The Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men & Uncanny X-Men. Although it is primairly an X-Men story, it just had alot of other determining factors, such as Reed & Sue wanting to get Franklin back from Onslaught.

I'm not terribly familiar with the Ultimate universe, but a lot of the stuff happening seems to be combinations of older and newer versions of characters and storylines. For example, the Phoenix Saga and its large body of water (Jamaica Bay in the comics), Xavier's repression of Jean's memories, Kevita Rao and the "Hope" serum, Callisto and Leech of the Morlocks and Storm's battle with Callisto, etc. That and I don't think Jean was killed in the Ultimate universe either (though she was in the original). I'd be surprised if any of the popular characters didn't come back eventually, I think it's just a matter of how. Lord knows there are plenty of devices they could use in the Marvel universe.

I could see Apocalypse and Mister Sinister, although it would be a move towards some of the more undeniably wacky stuff in the X-Men universe. With the whole geneticist thing, Sinister alone could account for a few "resurrections." And I believe he'd be an in for Gambit, who fans have been clamoring for. The doors are also open for some crazy X-Factor stuff and a bunch of other new characters too.

And yes, thankfully, the Onslaught storyline is pretty unlikely.

i caught the midnight showing as well. found the story a bit quirky but the action in the movie was definitely a lot better done then the first 2 movies especially seeing the "furball" in action <_<

be sure to catch the end of the credits as it does show where the next one would go

i caught the midnight showing as well. found the story a bit quirky but the action in the movie was definitely a lot better done then the first 2 movies especially seeing the "furball" in action <_<

be sure to catch the end of the credits as it does show where the next one would go

I was out of the theatre while the credits were rolling, tell me, what happens in that tiny clip?

Are you guys f@#@#$ serious? Why the hell would they make a sequal? The way this movie ended it was it for pretty much the x-men series, not the universe but no more movies, what happens at the end? Like after the credits. Sorry I didnt stay to watch it, I was with MY G/F and she had to go TO WORK, hence a job which I'm sure you losers aint got one, cuz you guys OBVIOUSLY stay in a movie theater for 10 minutes after a movie ends, like as if you guys had sex in the theatre and you felt tired after the movie....yeah right....this shyt is rediculous.......