King of Fighters 2006 announced!

Gryph

Most arcades over here are dead, save for huge one inside an amusement park near where I live... I think. I haven't been there in several years.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most arcades over here are dead, save for huge one inside an amusement park near where I live... I think. I haven't been there in several years.

Yep, it's sad but a few have died here too. There will always be those few lonely ones that stand in some dusty corner of the mall though. The Metal Slug 3 and KoF2000 machine has stood next to the Toys R Us for years! Then there are the VERY old machines like the KoF96 or Die Hard Arcade machines that have a sticker saying "play at your own risk!" :blink:

Aren't there a few isolated machines standing around in the dusty corners of your malls? :P

Edited by garyoak99

Alot of arcades would pass up 11 in favor for T5DR(My arcade did, we still don't even have FotNS, we got CFJ machine, like, a year after it came out) Where i'm at, it's always the SF3, CVS2k1, MVSC2 and T5DR. It also depends where you live, America = practically dead, the scene is the "hardcore."

And yes, I am serious.

Woah! :blink: I never knew it was that bad! What about other non-Asian countries like the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand? :P

Dead, DEAD FOR SURE (Only crazy asians go to the arcades here in Canadaland, I'm one of them), dead, New Zealand will take anything. Their like 8 generations behind everyone XD

Dead, DEAD FOR SURE (Only crazy asians go to the arcades here in Canadaland, I'm one of them), dead, New Zealand will take anything. Their like 8 generations behind everyone XD

Really? Small world; when I said ALL the arcades around my place had KoF XI I meant Canada. Maybe it's easier to find 2D arcade machines like KoF XI on the west coast then...Heck I even saw a pr0n version of KoF! I'm SERIOUS by the way; there were TOPLESS women stripping in the background of that KoF! :blink: It went by the name of KoF UNIQUE! :ph34r:

Oh, and I still see a few Caucasians visiting the arcades here to play T5:DR and KoF XI. They're good; just not better than the crazy asians! :lol:

I knew New Zealand wouldn't exactly be that up to date on arcade machines but I'm surprised the United Kingdom and Australia would be outdated too! :P What about the larger cities in both countries? :unsure:

Edited by garyoak99

I am glad I am still in Asia, where arcades are still heaven.

Still can;t find a T5: DR though

That is what perplexes me; if arcades are still thriving in Asia then why wouldn't they have a popular fighting game like Tekken 5:Dark Resurrection? Do they even have the slightly older Tekken 5 at your arcade? :P

Edited by garyoak99

hmph, one would think by now there would be the possibility (hardware wise) to recreate a 2D fighting gameplay experience in a 3D environment? It worked for shmups....

Anyway, I find it a strange move that they're going to use the yearly name for MI2 in the US (and maybe Europe).

I don't think MI1 was all that bad (especially not for the 10 euros I paid for it :P ). MI2 actually looks good in the previews....

The fact that the main series is different from the MI story just makes that KOF Another Day Anime all the more nonsense. Ah well....

The official site is available in both english and japanese, at this location:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-mi2/

In addition, several secret characters were revealed:

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/...28/news075.html

Opening video:

http://rapidshare.de/files/14714666/KOFMI2_Opening.asf.html

Character introduction video:

http://rapidshare.de/files/14713640/KOFMI2.asf.html

I managed to found 1 arcade with T5. But it is quite far from me.

Currently the arcade that I go to have these:

KOF98

KOF2003

KOF2002 (2)

TTT (2)

T4

SC1

SC2

SF3:3S

MVC2

XMen Vs SF

GGXX Reload