King of Fighters 2006 announced!

Gryph

I thought about making this a news post but I realized it wasn't deserving of that. Enjoy. Say goodbye to 2D KOFs, it was fun while it lasted even with the old sprites.

SNK PLAYMORE USA Announces THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2006 for the PlayStation 2

Original 3D Fighter is the Ultimate Mix of Stellar Graphics and Lightning Quick Gameplay

WALL, NJ. - March 29, 2006 - SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, announced THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2006, an original 3D fighting game designed specifically for home consoles, and produced by noted artist and designer, Falcoon. KOF 2006 will ship for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system in summer 2006. THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2006 is the sequel to SNK's first 3D fighting game, THE KING OF FIGHTERS: MAXIMUM IMPACT.

Currently celebrating its twelfth year as one of the most popular fighting video game franchises in the history of gaming, THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2006 will continue to build on the series' rich history with several new characters, as well as many returning favorites. KOF 2006 will feature characters from THE KING OF FIGHTERS: MAXIMUM IMPACT and a number of hidden characters.

"KOF 2006 will be a perfect mix of speed, beauty and an all-new story line." said Ben Herman, SNK PLAYMORE USA president. "Our fans expect our fighting games to be fast - whether they're 2D or 3D, and KOF 2006 is not going to disappoint them."

About SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION

Headquartered in Osaka, Japan, SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION (SNK) develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1978, SNK is one of the largest privately held interactive entertainment content providers in the world. Known for such franchises as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, METAL SLUG, and SAMURAI SHODOWN, SNK continues to be an industry leader by focusing on their rich arcade history. More information on SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION can be found at www.snkplaymore.co.jp

SNK PLAYMORE USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION with offices in Wall, NJ. It handles operations in North America, including publishing, marketing, development and localization. More information on SNK PLAYMORE USA can be found at www.snkplaymoreusa.com

# # #

THE KING OF FIGHTERS is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to admit, it's quite depressing that we'll never see a new KOF in the 2D generation again. Mark my words, 2D will always have better games than 3D.

I'm going to miss the days of new KOF/SNK releases to NeoGeo.

I got to admit, it's quite depressing that we'll never see a new KOF in the 2D generation again. Mark my words, 2D will always have better games than 3D.

I dunno, Virtua Fighter pretty much beats 2D gameplay vs 3D gameplay pretty wildly.

http://snk-capcom.com/snkgallery/

pics there.

I dunno, Virtua Fighter pretty much beats 2D gameplay vs 3D gameplay pretty wildly.

http://snk-capcom.com/snkgallery/

pics there.

It looks nice, but let's face it... the gameplay will never be the same. :clapping:

It looks nice, but let's face it... the gameplay will never be the same. :clapping:

Althought to date, the MI series(dispite being crap all around) is the only good 2D to 3D fighting transistion keeping most of it's 2D gameplay idels intact since Wild Ambition?

Madness I say!

canceled for xbox but it came out for ps2 a while ago

Pfft, it's been out for PS2 since the dawn of time.

Xbox in the U.S. was totally ditched, the game sucks anyways.