Got my 360

yep, got it today, it pwns, nothing has exploded/froze/caught on fire yet

dont actually have any 360 games yet though because i was 5 dollars short >_<

For some reason i cant download demos/trailers though because i guess the servers are way too overtaxed, i CAN download the live arcade demos though....yayyyyyy smash TV....totally buying that when i get MS points

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gold because i transferred my account from my xbox to my xbox360

BTW i figured out what the problem was, since this PC shares wireless into my consoles, Peerguardian on here was blocking it, so now that peerguardian is off everything works fine :)

Nope. Backwards compatibilty does not allow old saves. Atleast I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

That's why the 360 truly sucks and is a waste of time and money: You can't even play the original Halo. :) Good thing the PS3 will be backwards compatible with the PSX AND the PS2!! :P

The 360's backwards compatibility works only if you have a hardrive/memory unit. Also it has a list of games on there website that work fine with the 360. There are times when a game requires extra loading times. Also like gryph said, the whole backwards compatibilty is mostly designed to work with only halo and halo 2.

Shiba, what's your gamertag?

Edit: The website has this as a note before viewing the list,

Note: A software emulator is required for each original Xbox game you play on your Xbox 360™ console.

My friend got mad that he traded in his xbox and when he tried to play bf2 it wouldn't work on his 360. The list got updated recently btw and microsoft is working on getting the entire xbox line-up to work with the 360. I don't doubt that by the time ps3 is released 360 can play all the xbox games.

Edited by Drake

my gamertag is Shibathedog

There are a lot of games that work fine on 360, and i keep hearing in different places that you cant save with older games, this isnt true, saving works fine, you just cant transfer saves from your old xbox

San Andreas also looks really good on Xbox 360, it looks alot like the PC version, much farther sight distance/smoother/etc

Some games, Such as Battlefield 2, Burnout Revenge, etc would be awesome on 360, but are deliberatley not backwards compatible so you would buy the 360 version (Tony Hawk's American Wasteland being the only exception ive noticed so far)

so far i like my 360, havent had any problems, and i like a good about of the games, the games i am considering/buying are pretty much Amped 3, Condemned, Dead Or Alive 4, FarCry, Full Auto (I know no one likes it but the demo was pretty cool so ill rent it), Gears of War, Fram City Killer looks interesting, and Quake 4

Obviously my PC is too crappy to play the PC versions of any of these so thats pretty much why i got a 360, it was a cheaper upgrade for me.

I think Doom 3 should really be backwards compatible though, that would be awesome. But it probably wont be because it was so custom tailored to the xbox hardware.

i heard theres a demo coming out on the live marketplace soon, do you know if that will be an online demo at all? That game definitley looks awesome, im just really into try before you buy

BTW Drake did you add me yet? Im downloading a bunch of crap right now so i dunno if i can accept or anything right now