[03/28/06] Metroid Prime: Hunters

Game: Metroid Prime: Hunters

System: Nintendo DS

Emulators: N/A

920760_20060228_screen007.jpg920760_20060228_screen008.jpg920760_20060228_screen014.jpg

After playing the demo of MP:H that came with the DS, I had high hopes for the FPS genre on the DS. I thought it would be cool to use the touchscreen to look around. Well, Nintendo's first release of an FPS style game has more or less blown my sock off. I absolutely LOVE the way the touchscreen seamlessly integrates with the d-pad, and the controls are so simple, yet so deep. A simple double tap on the touchscreen makes you jump. All you need is a stylus in one hand, and the d-pad and L button in the other (If you're right handed). The storyline is not that immersive, but the boss battles and encounters with other hunters more than make up for that. As for multiplayer, one word: Wifi. It is so amazing to be able to find people to play against at almost any time! Another useful thing is the single card DS Download play is not nearly as restriced as most other games. You an your friends can play every mode and every level with just one card. The only restriction is they have to play as Samus while you get to play as the other hunters (Sylux, Spire, Weavel, Noxus, Kanden, or Trace) that you have unlocked. All of the hunters have an alternate form (like Samus's morph ball) and an affinity weapon that has improved power and abilities for that hunter only. I highly recommend this game for anyone with a DS. And to those who don't: This is a great reason to buy a DS now!

Controls: 10

Gameplay: 10

Graphics: 9.5

Sound: 9.5

Overall Score: 9.5

Grade: A+

Overall I give this game a thumbs up! :)

Edited by Mooney

My friend let me play in computer class earlier today. It feels weird and the sensitivity is to slow. Mooney can you change it in the game?

Yes you can, as well as the control layout (L/R handed, stylus/no stylus).

P.S.

Got some pics for ya! :clapping:

Edited by Mooney

• 11 months later...