House Of The Dead 4

I got to play this game this weekend in the arcade, and wow its pretty awesome!!

It has Xbox 360-like graphics, which isnt the best i know, thinks look a bit too shiny, but they are pretty good.

The Zombies look AWESOME, they actually have like jewelry on and their eyes hang out of their head and stuff, pretty cool.

The Game works like this, Each player has an Uzi, and there is a button on the side for throwing grenades, and to reload the gun, instead of shooting offscreen, you shake the gun and on the screen it shows your magazine fall out and a new one gets put in.

Why would you use grenades? Because unlike the old House Of The Dead games where there was a max of like 5 enemies at once, there are sometimes around 50 enemies onscreen all at once!! You can either try and mow them all down with your Uzi (hard to do unless you are getting headshots but i managed to do it a few times) or you can throw a grenade to try and lessen the crowd.

The game was pretty long too, which is always a plus. The dialouge is less corny this time around, but still has its moments.

Of course its on a nice big screen too, very sharp looking i might add, no some projection piece of crap.

Oh and there are route selections too, which i always enjoy, picking the dark scary hallways is always more fun i think -_-

Overall i think its a good game, Ill miss the Spaz-12s but Uzis are fun :)

And thats my quick half-arsed review

I finally got around to playing part 3 on my computer a couple weeks ago. Wicked game, but way too short.

This new game sounds pretty cool too. Unfortunately, I have no arcades nearby. So hopefully, it will be out on pc.

I'm so tired of the linear shooter genre........GIVE ME FREESTYLE! I want to be able to use my lightgun and move in whatever direction I like! (Don't tell me it's not possible, lightguns have d-pads and could, maybe do, have analog sticks.......other methods could be employed like thumb discs)

From your post I'm presuming you beat it. Can't wait to play it in my arcade...However, that uzi feature is a downside. So basically, it's just spray and pray now? -_-

Any cool bosses on HOF4 that we can anticipate? :)

Well the way the Uzi works i thought was pretty nice, because its REALLY accurate, and doesnt spit out bullets at a rediculous rate, so you cant just hold down the trigger and sweep back and forth. It takes quite a few shots to kill an enemy

and yeah the bosses are really fun, and none of them are glitchy like in 3 (that one sloth boss, i swear to god it was impossible to block some of his attacks, i think they fixed it later because it seemed like in some arcades it was like that and some it wasnt, but it may have been a difficulty setting)

Personally I didn't really like the shotguns from 3. I'm glad that the Uzi is actually more reflexive in this game(from what i've heard).

That sloth boss was a pain, however that last boss was just... yeah.

yeah i did alot of wrist twisting with that uzi, it helps ALOT

I hope some kind of weigh attachment comes out for it though (like in Time Crises, i dont know if any of you have played with the weight attachment on the guns but its awesome, the gun weighs probably more than a real gun, which actually doesnt hurt gameply or anything, its just cool as hell)

BTW its confirmed for Xbox 360 release http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/749/749075.html