Metal Gear Solid PC

Sturmvogel

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ePSXe runs this game great. Using the OGL2 plugin, you can get a much more smooth looking game. I only remember playing the PC version way back in the days, but I say the quality is similar.

The only downside is the fact that the emulator, emulates the PSXs slowdowns... I'm sure the PC version didn't have that problem.

I have this game for PC and it has 240MB but also i see some people have the game on 2 CDs.

Which one is good,do i have just a demo ?

As far as I remember, disc one is the game and disc 2 is the VR Missions disc. I'm guessing you have a cheapskate RIP if it's only 240MB, probably missing music. I've seen that RIP before.

Remember when rips where the shizz back in the day? Nowadays most people refuse to download rips and just go for the CD/DVD images.

Although some rip groups are still going strong, they've also moved to images. I miss intros, cracktros and installers, if only for the audiovisual trip (hm. Deviance, Hoodlum and the like do still make intros).

Yeah they were nice when you had a small hard drive and wanted a rip because it was smaller than installing a full game. MYTH always did the best ones too, I remember getting a RIP of Deus Ex that was missing practically nothing and they had UHARC'd it to some insanely small size with a cool unpacker/installer. Once larger drives started coming out though, and installing a few 500MB-1GB games wasn't an issue though, RIPs were a big no-no for me.