Beam weapons almost ready for battle

Why can't America spend a bit of money solving the country's social problems instead of wasting it on this??

I hate that attitude. It's like saying stuff you, government, for spending however many millions you already spend on welfare. Whatever they alot budget to you will have a line like 'well ''''I'''' think you should spend your money differently...' Too bad. Not your choice to make is it? There isn't even a dollar figure mentioned in that, and yet there is always someone to jump on the Kanye West bandwagon.

As if just throwing money at miscellaneous social problems will solve them anyway. And I bet if an amount equalling whatever laser research costs was right now pledged to solving these issues, it still wouldn't be enough.

And honestly I am shocked that out of all the crooked regimes out there America cops the most flack, just because there's so much money involved. How dare anyone else presume to know how to run a country with no economic peer in the world anyway.

No offence Robbbet, but that attitude really really flockn craps me.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://tadpole.defendingthetruth.com/blogs...1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Open Letter to the Marines

This is an open letter written by a U.S. Marine Corps Officer, to the Corps. Though I am not in the Marines, they are my brothers. And though I do love the Navy, and I am very proud to serve, I completely understand where this officer is coming from. Many of the reasons he states for getting out, are the reasons I intend to leave the Navy. I just don't like the direction in which we are heading. We are too Politically Correct, and too many of our upper chain of command seem to have flocked up priorities. I love the Navy, and I love my country, but I am no longer so sure they love me. Please read on...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Why I am getting out of the Marines

Date: Fri Dec 16 22:09:56 2005

As I sit here I am still shaking. I can't take much more of this crap. I am a Marine Pilot. Not that it means anything anymore. Today was another safety stand down put on by the mother flockers in DOSS. Why? Cause another one of my friends is dead and gone. Why? Cause he flew his crap into the water that's why. Why'd he do that? Cause the mother flockers that "be" i.e. the boys at the top have lost their flocking minds and can't say no.

"Sir the aircraft are at 13% readiness, we don't have anything up."

"That's not my problem, we got a FRAG, get it done."

"Sir, none of our pilots are current to do this."

"Currency? Currency is for pussies. Just do some pattern work before you go, you'll be fine."

"Sir, the maintainers have been working non-stop 12 on 12 off for weeks now, we can't keep this pace up?

"Rest, Marines don't need rest, they are tough. Tell them to drink some coffee and get these planes up."

"Sir, I've been in the tube for the last 10 hours, the weather was crap, and I haven't seen my wife in 2 weeks, can I work on this tomorrow?"

"No, I am going on leave Captain, I need that power point done by tomorrow, oh wait your on the schedule. Well, I guess you better get working."

"Sir I don't have the crew rest to fly this."

"Crew rest? What's crew rest. Your day doesn't start until the engines do, never mind that I had you in here this morning doing mindless bullshit."

I hate you Marine Corps. I hate you. You push us and push us and ask us to do more. But there is no more. You can take your $18,000 dollar bonus and shove it up your ass! I am not staying. I am not flying this crap anymore. I am not going to go and break the rules for you anymore. Iam not going to turn motors when I know the maint. log books aren't worth the paper they are written on. I am not doing your flocking log run in this weather when you can't even get me the bare minimum flight time to keep my skills up. I am not going to anymore safety stand downs about leadership and seatbelt use. I am not going to listen to another flocking Major who has lost his soul and cares more about the taste of his coffee in the morning than if his people had time to even eat chow today. I will not do this. I will not get another phone call about a friend of mine who is now dead, because you bend the rules to make mission, because you can't say NO to anyone.

We are broke damn it. We don't have the people, we don't have the parts. Hell, what kind of flocking military organization has the commanding officer tell his officers they need to go out and buy toilet paper for the head because we ran out? flock this. I am out.

Berger, you were the best man, you shouldn't have died like that. Kerns, you were a funny dude. I am sorry I couldn’t see you buried, or have the courage to write your Mom and Dad about what nice guy you were. Murphy, why would you sign up for that crap! Your kids will never get to know what an awesome guy you were.

I am in tears I am so frustrated. I wish you were still around, but I won't die like you. I won’t be some number on CNN's death 'o meter. I won’t contribute to this madness of telling the Wing we can do it when we are so far on our ass we can’t see the light of day. You Generals are flocking cowards. You know it’s broke, but you won’t say no will you. I did my part, and that's all I can do. flock you Marine Corps. I am not the only one that feels this way. Let's see where your retention is when the planes are so broke dick nobody can fly them, no matter how many rules you break to keep them up. flock You!

Horray for a future where everyone is dead.

I agree; a new international arms race is NOT a good thing! :)

Honestly. Anyone who supports this crap has given a new definition to misanthropy. A new way to murder; a new way to control; a new way to frighten.

Great. This is just what we need: Another reason to lose all hope for mankind.

Honestly. Anyone who supports this crap has given a new definition to misanthropy. A new way to murder; a new way to control; a new way to frighten.

Great. This is just what we need: Another reason to lose all hope for mankind.

But you miss the point. If we don't invest in these sort of technologies someone else will. And don't bother spouting any facts or figures about other countries' military spending. Yeah, there a plenty of other countries with much smaller military budgets, but they are banking on countries like the US to come to their aid if their time of need ever comes. Sure, I'll agree that we [the US] get involved where we don't need to too often, but don't think for a second that investing in military technologies is a waste. Sure, it may be sad that the things have to be this way, but they do. Don't be so naive.

Edited by Thraxen

I'd rather delay the inevitable then speed up the process.

Hey, if we continue to pollute the planet like we do, it's inevitable that it's going to die. Since it's going to die anyways, let's just spray as much aerosol into the air and destroy the ozone now! Might as well, it's going to dissapear anyways!

I'd rather delay the inevitable then speed up the process.

Hey, if we continue to pollute the planet like we do, it's inevitable that it's going to die. Since it's going to die anyways, let's just spray as much aerosol into the air and destroy the ozone now! Might as well, it's going to dissapear anyways!

But not preparing yourself may indeed be speeding up the process. That's exactly where you miss the point. And your pollution analogy doesn't fit this situation at all. Preparation as a means of deterrence isn't analogous at all to your example.