Biggest Entertainment gripes of 05

solidius23

2005 was a bad year for entertainment on all realms.

Movie wise hollywood just screwed up all over the place. it was like hollywood was begging people to pirate movies just so their stuff could get watched, cuz no body was stupid enough to pay to see them.

Music was ok, not really and bright spots, the only annoyance is the damn RIAA, they are just pulling at anything music related they think they can sue for, lyrics and tabs its like most are saying they are gonna try to sue for reccomending a cd or a track to someone.

Games it was a decent yr for games. A lot of really brights stars that came out in 05.one of my main disapointments was Quake 4. it was basically Doom 3 with more enemies. they could have done way way better, but the original team didn't work on it. goes to show sometimes u shouldnt try to rock th boat when u got a good thing going.

ok so now u guys share your diapointments.

Actually, Quake 4 was not a disappointment for me. Serious Sam 2 was the biggest diappointment for me.

Movie wise, just the same usual amount of bad stuff and good stuff it seemed. I don't really watch too many movies at the theatres so it's not a big deal. This year was Sin City and Batman Begins so that's good.

Music...I don't listen to new music.

This year's disapointments, I'll just say the most disapointing thing for me on each category.

Movie - Cry_Wolf - I went to watch this with my friends, eww.

Game - GTASA - Finished 3, got to 3/4's on VC, and it just got plain boring after I rented it. Halo 2 is right after this, the only reason why it isn't the worst is because you have good times with friends while playing it.

Music - I just get what I can, no real "I hate you" songs, just "not in the mood" songs. I rarely download music released the same year >.>.

Quake 4 was a huge letdown, it's barely better than Quake 2 in gameplay. I find Serious Sam 2 to be very fun as it's not intended to be huge on gameplay elements, it's main focus is comical value.

In the movies realm, I ONLY download movies now because of the huge suckage factor with movies these days. It's hard to find a good movie. I also don't go to theatres because you can't ever watch a movie there without people talking or goofing around. I find myself wanting to punch people out.

Music, all music these days blows.

There were too many good games this year to list, BUT there was also alot of shovelware garbage as well. I'd have to say a rather balanced year for the industry, but far short of being a good year overall.

Music wise, Arcade Fire FINALLY got some recongnition. This year was wonderful in terms of band touring.

Movies, I wish to say they did great, but medicore at best.

Video games need a boost. NDS did that. It's getting that small boost we need.