'Intelligent design' teaching ban

taratata

that's cuz stereotypically speaking a helluva lot of chinese men are short.

edit: what exactly is intelligent design about? darwin-god combo?

also, I think it's completely retarded people in America are not taught religion in school. Completly retarded. Atheists stfu on this. I mean what harm can it do? Here in Romania, religion is taught in primary school and we also learn about Darwin's theory a bit latter and it's all good. I mean some of my friends went to religion lessons same as me. Yet they are now atheists. But then again, I'm talking about America where everything is retarded.

Yes people have been getting taller and the average lifespan has increased as opposed to the Illumination period for example where the human lifespan was around 40 years and they were all midgets(not that there's anything wrong with midgets of course).

Edited by AxL

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's cuz stereotypically speaking a helluva lot of chinese men are short.

edit: what exactly is intelligent design about? darwin-god combo?

also, I think it's completely retarded people in America are not taught religion in school. Completly retarded. Atheists stfu on this. I mean what harm can it do? Here in Romania, religion is taught in primary school and we also learn about Darwin's theory a bit latter and it's all good. I mean some of my friends went to religion lessons same as me. Yet they are now atheists. But then again, I'm talking about America where everything is retarded.

Yes people have been getting taller and the average lifespan has increased as opposed to the Illumination period for example where the human lifespan was around 40 years and they were all midgets(not that there's anything wrong with midgets of course).

Intelligent Design is basically a movement thats trying to push the idea that some unknown higher power (aka God) created us because it is far too complex to have arisin via Darwinian evolution. Not really a Darwin-God combo like you say. That's something most people who are able to accept both science and their own faith do, not the people who promote ID. Unfortunately, ID doesn't really have any scientific legs it can stand on so such a thing cannot be discussed scientifically so it is left to faith and not fit to teach in a biology classroom.

The reason religion isn't taught in public schools in America is because our consitution states that there must be a separation of church and state and the freedome of religion.

"The Establishment Clause has generally come to mean that government cannot authorize a church, cannot pass laws that aid or favor one religion over another, cannot pass laws that favor religious belief over non belief, cannot force a person to profess a belief. In short, government must be neutral toward religion and cannot be entangled with any religion."

http://fact.trib.com/1st.religion.html

Basically that means our tax dollars cannot be used to promote any religious viewpoint. You have to send your child to private school for that. And yes, our public school system is pretty bad.

Also, people were generally shorter a long time ago.

During election time when Bush took the presidency, he had campaigns saying going against Bush is going against God.

I not having a go at you but is this not biased and manipulating to people who have a belief in God.

Indirectly the fighting of the new evil of terrorism wanting to take our freedom. Has changed the opinion of most people mostly negative towards the moslem/muslim fatih.

i really don't get what the big deal is.

firstly, why does evolution go against intellegent design?

what makes anyone believe that the higher being didn't create the initial form of everything, and let it thrive on it's own? (you know, like A.I, you give the basics, and then the system starts to learn on it's own)

secondly

why not make it a choice matter?

freedom=freedom of choice.

NOT "having someone else's choice imposed on me"

saying no religion in school, is saying people who want religon in school aren't allowed to get what they want, while people who DON"T want religion in school get what they want.

so why not make it a choice thing? each student's parents sign a form that says if they want it or not.

then they split the students or something.

that way, both sides when, no one loses, freedom is kept intact.

During election time when Bush took the presidency, he had campaigns saying going against Bush is going against God.

I not having a go at you but is this not biased and manipulating to people who have a belief in God. 

Indirectly the fighting of the new evil of terrorism wanting to take our freedom. Has changed the opinion of most people mostly negative towards the moslem/muslim fatih.

i remember in an old quote or something, that someone said along the lines of "america cannot thrive without it's enemies".

The Government isn't officially affiliated with any religion, but them and nearly all of america is a protestant christian. All but one of our presidents has been a protestant, and even the one who wasn't was still christian (catholic) and manged to cause a conspiracy of being controlled by the Pope.

Honestly, what points is there to teaching religion in school? If a parent wants their child to learn about some religion, it's probobly their religion, so they or other, higher standing, members of their religion can teach it.

If we were to teach any religion in school, we'd have to teach all of them for the same amount of time. That could be a day, a week, or more for every religion in existance. That's a lot of weeks. That could easily take up years of schooling. That's why it isn't taught in public school. There are plenty of college courses on religion and philosophy that any child can choose to take, and again, they could always just go to the relgion itself and ask to be taught its mantra.

i think religion is only good for teaching morals,and when people are fighting which religion is better or which one is the right one that's just dumb

i like Elazul Yagami's idea, about how we were created but then we started to evolve

secondly

why not make it a choice matter?

freedom=freedom of choice.

NOT "having someone else's choice imposed on me"

saying no religion in school, is saying people who want religon in school aren't allowed to get what they want, while people who DON"T want religion in school get what they want.

so why not make it a choice thing? each student's parents sign a form that says if they want it or not.

then they split the students or something.

that way, both sides when, no one loses, freedom is kept intact.

I believe that is because public schools are overcrowded, and the clergy that would teach those classes would be paid with tax dollars

but more along the lines of public schools being overcrowded