DVD Burning stuff

Shibathedog

that depends on your tv if it can handle 50hz since ps2 won't auto covert it to 60hz like some dvd players can (highly suggest using a real dvd player instead as using the ps2's adds more wear and tear).

btw, dvd decrypter automatic makes a disc free region so you won't need to set a region :P

while dvd shrink is simple to use and freeware, i personaly like the quality instant dvd v7 or better can do as it beats dvd shrink but its not freeware so look for other means but well worth it plus pinnacle make some other nice software for making your known dvds with mpeg's, avi's and such.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay because i burned a DVD IMG file, and on my PS2 its black, my old panasonic DVD player it wont read the disc (its a +R) and my crappy ass Sanyo has the rolling image thing going on.

I'll check Doom9 for something, I hope this isnt something that is going to take hours

there's no such thing as burning in dvd format

it's all data

data with the VOB file extensions are usually videos in MPEG2. There can be many on one disc, so how does a dvd player know how to play these. It's with the IFO and all other files that help dvd players recognize as data than can be played on those players

so when burning, just burn as data and do not, I repeat, DO NOT burn in multisession and always make sure to close the disc (one of the ways dvdr's and cdr's differ)

btw, when you re-encode your divx movies to a dvd format, make sure it includes numerous files; which are a few VOB's, the IFO, a TFO, and other files. If the encoder just spits out one file, then that would be strange *shrugs*

I used to juse use dvd santa for re-encoding, but there's a 20% chance the sound and video may be either out of sync, the sound may be sampled too high, sound is missing, etcetc

always expect issues

okay that doesnt seem to work, and neither does DVD rebuilder

EDIT: Right now I have a DVD IMG file, thats Region one, with video in PAL format, im trying to convert it to a DVD thats region 1, with NTSC format. Im not trying to use DivX at all right now. I have a ton of stuff that works for that.

So your saying i should re-encode the DVD into an MPEG 2 file with no compression, and then have easy media creator burn that file as a DVD?

i have a HUGE library of DivX movies, because i could never afford a DVD burner. But now that i have one i was thinking of converting them all, but screw that.

Im not even going to convert the PAL DVD to NTSC DVD, ill just wait for NTSC releases, its too much work, they already take like 4-6 hours to download because of peoples crappy torrents