DVD Burning stuff

Shibathedog

I have literally hundreds of Burned CD-Rs with DivX rips i made myself. (well, about 5% of them are downloaded, but good quality)

I was thinking about converting them all but nooo way.

I think your idea of using the Xbox is best, XBox360 is coming out soon so theres really no need for my Xbox anymore besides modding it (because its backwards compatible right!!?!?! they finally decided!??! I heard you need a separate HDD for backwards compatibility though)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah im definatly getting the more expensive one.

this better not prevent me from getting a PS3 though because i want that more.

I dont get why you need a separate HDD for Xbox360 stuff, and then another HDD for Xbox Backwards compatibility, that doesnt sound right, or do they use different HDD formats or something?

You are confusing things. They're telling you to get the Premium package because it comes with the HD, which you must have for backwards compatibility with Xbox games.

If you get the core package, the HD costs you $100 on it's own.........ripoff.

You don't require seperate HDs, you just can't play Xbox games without one.

I bet someone will eventually sell empty cases you can put your own HD in.

Okay thanks for clarifying that! i thought i was going to have to have 2 HDDs lying around!!

I think its really stupid not to just include an HDD, they cant do HDD caching now, i mean, i know the drive is going to be alot faster, but it would always help! Maybe some games will require an HDD!!! (I wouldnt doubt it)

I like the "for the money" part XD

But yeah, i loved Nero 5, I have Nero 6 now because Nero 5 wouldnt detect my new drive for some reason, which i bet there was a patch for, but oh well. It seems to be pretty good, I use Alcohol to burn all my images still though.

I like the "for the money" part XD

But yeah, i loved Nero 5, I have Nero 6 now because Nero 5 wouldnt detect my new drive for some reason, which i bet there was a patch for, but oh well. It seems to be pretty good, I use Alcohol to burn all my images still though.

Nero 7 is 'out' now! Besides that.. for video encoding/authoring I have always relied on 'TMPGenc Plus' or 'TMPGenc Xpress', both much the same. These will provide u with the DVD-compliant MPEG-2 file. Then u need to author it with 'TMPGEnc DVD Author' in order to have the.vob files to burn to DVD with Nero.

Try here, here, or here for help/guides.