Old Pro patch for FBA-XXX

+ T +

+ T + your pro version is pretty fricken cool

only come across a few bugs you might want to be aware of pending next update. Some might be more GoGos than yours.

cthd2k3a has graphics issues/unplayable

ct2k3sp only shows hardware test screens, messing with bios/AES

it will report

Hardware selftest failed

-ADRS- -WR- -RE-

000D00010 5555 0000

both run fine under FiNaL BuRn EvOLuTioN 3.01(ony thing i had to test with)

next

after playing some games it will freeze while loading a new game. thought the games were broke, til i tried to play some of those games first and they loaded and ran. (long term use mem issue?)

last

Raw/Unfiltered screenshots freeze the emulator / no screenshot on some neos,cps1,cps2 games and almost all Other games

created the previews i needed with FBE instead

otherwise works as advertised with known sets 8)

Edited by Victor Von Doom

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well...

I have a problem with some games:

Rage of the Dragons, Last Blade, Metal Slug 5, King of Fighters 2003 and Samurai Shodown 4...

they won't work... but with other emus they work....

Fbaxxxpro want from last blade a v4.bin wich is 4 mb big but the v4 is only 2 mb big...

I don't know what to do... i tried much versions of this games....

Very well...

I have a problem with some games:

Rage of the Dragons, Last Blade, Metal Slug 5, King of Fighters 2003 and Samurai Shodown 4...

they won't work... but with other emus they work....

Fbaxxxpro want from last blade a v4.bin wich is 4 mb big but the v4 is only 2 mb big...

I don't know what to do... i tried much versions of this games....

FBA-XXX Pro uses the most up-to-date ROM dumps in its supported sets, other emus do not, that's why your ROMsets won't work. If you're not bothered about the accuracy of your ROMs and just want to play the games then I would suggest using the official FBA-XXX. Pro is called Pro for a reason. :clapping:

I have a quick question, do i need to run pack.bat after i apply the pro patch on 26_8, and what the hell does it do? Gogo does not explain it well in the Nfo. Thanks

It's up to you. The build should work just the same whether the XBE is packed or not. As for what exactly it does, I'm not too sure. It certainly compresses the XBE to a smaller file size but Gogo seems to imply in the nfo that it also has some effect on the running of the emulator. I'd be interested in any info anyone else has on this.

The packed xbe seems to be sometimes a little faster and more optimised, but the main reason is that fbaxxx vmm (neogeo games) seems to crash on some xboxs, but when packed, it seems to be fine, so it s up to ppl to test.

As for the 270° rotation, you need only to edit CPanel::SetRenderVariables in panel.cpp.

Thanks, that clears things up. Oh and just a little observation, when you run packbat it automatically renames the Xbe to default. Dont know why you need to use renamebat. You would only need to use it if you did not compress the Xbe. But you could still do it manually if you want to. One more thing is the latest build compatible with the new Universe bios 2.2?

Edited by lawnspic

The packed xbe seems to be sometimes a little faster and more optimised, but the main reason is that fbaxxx vmm (neogeo games) seems to crash on some xboxs, but when packed, it seems to be fine, so it s up to ppl to test.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to give it a try.

One more thing is the latest build compatible with the new Universe bios 2.2?

If you turn CRC Check off then v2.2 should work fine as long it's named 'uni-bios.rom'. I was going to add it to the latest build but I don't like the fact that you can't disable the splash screen in this version so I stuck with v2.1. I'll see about having the option for either in the next build.

How hard would it be to add an extra option so that when using widescreen mode the emulator would rotate the screen 270 instead of just 90 degrees?

As I've said elsewhere in this thread, I want to keep Pro as close as possible to FBA-XXX apart from the supported ROMsets and anything necessary to their functionality. So I'm not really interested in adding extra options/features.

UPDATE:

- Added King of Gladiator (using decrypted Cs)

- Added Lansquenet 2004 (using decrypted Cs)

- Added Idol Mahjong Final Romance 2 (CD Hack)

- Updates, additions, and changes to several CPS/Misc sets (see DATs for details).

Massive thanks to iq_132 for all the above drivers and for the tool to decrypt the ROMs.

I just haven't had the chance to look into any of the other things I wanted to so apologies for that.

I've also added a driver for the correct ROMset of kof2003a (again by iq). And although the ROM loads with no problems, after the HW test it just gives a black screen. All other sets that use the PVC and bankswitch code work with no problems and the PCM2 code is there. Any ideas as to what might need changing here would be more than appreciated. :P

As I said, I'm not doing anything besides updating/adding sets at the moment.

I'm not sure what sound glitch you're refering to but I haven't encountered any problems.

Reset glitch is not a glitch it's configured that way in FBA-XXX.

Edited by + T +