just when you thought gta was flocked enough...

suvo

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm in a way removing GTA cause of the hot coffee mod would be a restriction of free speech wouldnt it? Also is it neccesary to go through ERSB to publish a game?

Yes, it is a requirement for retail games. At least, that's the impression I have.

What gets me is how ridiculous this whole situation is. An "M" rating is basically equal to an "R" rating on movies. Both require you be 17+ years old to purchase or have a guardian buy it for you. This hot coffee mod basically shows nothing. It's really not any worse than the sex mini-game near the start of God of War (PS2).

But now the game gets slapped with an AO rating and most stores won't carry that version. But take a store like Best Buy. It won't carry the game, but in the next section over you can purchase a ton of "R" movie with plenty of real nudity. Then what about all those "Unrated" versions of movies stores like Best Buy happily sell? It's just so ridiculous and hypocritical.

Edited by Thraxen

The hypocrisy is mind blowing. However, I think the big controversy is that it was hidden from the ESRB. Perhaps if it wasn't then it still might have been given an M rating. But I think the main reason that this really happened is because every one has always wanted to take a hit at Rockstar and this is the one time they could.

Basically, the main problem (considering the difference in outlook between movies and games) is that games are STILL precieved as a Child's toy by Senators and those in charge.

why? because like i said previously, they're freakin technophobes that are afraid... they're not afraid of movies that much because ANYONE can watch a movie (unless you're blind) but not ANYONE can play a game (well anyone can, but those old geezers are too stupid to be able to )

This ain't game related but anyone remember Deftone's White Pony album. Chino deliberatly(sp?) left cuss words out in the book so there wouldn't be a parental advisory pic on the cover. Nobody bitched then.

Onto GTA:SA. Rockstar may of had the "incident" in the game but they didn't make the mod to unlock it. Why aren't these old farts even going after the people who make Gameshark and Action Replay for distributing the codes to do this in the console versions?

Stupidity and Hypocrisy are running rampant again.

this better not mess up the release of Bully and the Warriors. that's all I'm saying.

i agree , the warrior's looks sweet , i seriously hope they dont remove it...

depends if rockstar games get the pants sued out of them :banghead: , and also i went out and bought it today from eb... K-mart have sold out and are not getting anymore copy's... and they have a few left on xbox... they wont sell it in (wall mart i dont live in america) , target ect.. all of the major store's :banghead: im lucky and i hear the new version will have now swearing , less blood , gore and well action *rockstar are flocked

you know, at first i was worried, but i know rockstar will pull through this, and GTA games will keep coming out. Another boost of confidence?

They wanted to flock with EA...BWAHAHAHAHA.....Now, as much as i....well i just dont like EA very much....EA is a HUGE company, They said the Sims contained nudity under the blurs....they are screweeeeeeed haha.

I cant wait till they screw with Microsoft and they say that if you discolor the My Computer icon in the right way you can see a censor or something rediculous like that.

They are going wayyyyyyyyyyyy too far.