Censorship wins the prize!

Gryph

GTA: SA has now been handed an AO rating so Rockstar has stopped manufacturing the game and will release a new version which will regain the M rating. I guess the current copies will be collector's editions. :P

# ESRB assigns "Adults Only 18+" (AO) rating for current version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas due to unauthorized third party "Hot Coffee" modification

# Rockstar Games to cease manufacture of current version of title and offer a downloadable patch to prevent modification of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PC

# Company lowers third quarter and fiscal year guidance to reflect the expected negative impact on the title's retail performance

Press Release

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, any of you perverts who didn't think it was going to happen..well it did. :P

* GameCop slaps the group of nerds with glasses and small *****

who has never had a girlfriend in their lives with an obese salmon.

Seriously, any of you perverts who didn't think it was going to happen..well it did. :P

* GameCop slaps the group of nerds with glasses and small *****

who has never had a girlfriend in their lives with an obese salmon.

No, there is a larger issue at hand here (I haven't even played the game). We are living in a society where intense violence is accepted while anything dealing with sex isn't. Now I'm not saying the game should have a sex minigame, it only be there if it's fun and enhances the gameplay. It shouldn't be there just for shock value and I think Rockstar realized that and removed it from the game. But they didn't get rid of the code and art assests because it's a lot easier just to lock it out.

I'm talking about the bigger picture. The game is already rated Mature for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, and Use of Drugs.

so y does sex makes it AO but the extreme Violence doesn't???

so y does sex makes it AO but the extreme Violence doesn't???

Because we live in a very backwards culture. Going on a rampage and bludgeoning 100s of people to death is alright but we won't stand for that sex crap. :P

The only reason this happened is because of the pressure brought on by Senator Cunt...I mean Clinton.

But this is all good for Rockstar since they are getting so much publicity from this. They are probably glad all this is happening.

Techincally, if something doesn't get out to the public, no one really cares about it. I remember when I first found out about the sex minigame in GTA: SA. I was like cool and forgot all about it and it wasn't really mentioned until recently. I don't know why people go insane over this stuff. I mean please, If you are a good parent, Why would you buy the game for your kid anyways? And Shouldn't you be looking at the games your kids are playing? Puh-leaze

Meh, if it's really that big of a problem, don't let your idiot/pansy-ass kid buy the thing in the first place. The game does have an M rating.

Im going to try and buy this game tomorrow (Actually today, July 21st) I'm gonna go to the mall where i know for a fact they sell M rated games to pretty much anyone. Im going to get the Xbox version BTW. Ill have to hide my employeeship from them hehe. I dont even know if they will have it stocked.

So anyway, final details i know of.

Rockstar pays around 160 Million in fines and such, Game pulled from almost every store but if the store still wants to sell the game Rockstar will be sending out AO+ stickers to put on the box (omg i want some hehe), Rockstar is actually stopping production of the game untill they figure out how to fix it.

I havent actually tried doing this. But isnt it just like some data they where too lazy to delete off the disc and it was never even coded into the main game to even be run? (They do that in almost every game) And so basically the hack or whatever runs that data? So cant they just delete that stuff off the disc and they are set?