Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Alpha

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an article I read in a local paper, Tim Burton said that it isn't meant to be a remake, but a "re-imagined" version of the book itsself.

I gave my son the choice of either seeing this movie, or Fantastic Four. He of course chose F4. I'll probably check this out once it hits DVD, though.

wow...i ahvent seen the new one yet..or better of yet i havent seen "charlie and the chocalate factory"...just willy wonka...and by the commercials i can say the chocoalte looks more pure in the "charlie" one but i do agree bout the soda scene (in willy wonka) because i saw no point in it...i mean the fact that all the other kids were eliminated from the competiotion beacsue they did sumtin bad...y didnt charlie get eliminated when he drank the soda?...i mean willy wonka knew he did so...well whatever i dont know ^_^...this is all just my opiniojn...kbye

so for those that have seen both version of the movie, should i watch the new one?

wait wait wait

My understanding of the movie is this. The original one was called WILLY WONKA and the chocolate factory, and Willy Wonka passed the factory onto CHARLIE, So the new one is called CHARLIE and the chocolate factory. So doesnt that mean its about CHARLIE passing the factory on because now he is too old or whatever?

So it was a sequel and not a remake right? Or am i wrong? because i would get kinda irritated when people said things like, The remake is going to blow, when I thought it wasnt a remake at all.