Nintendo Revolution Launches with 200+ Downloads!

Alpha

cool , seriously nintendo owned them , nowdays they just plain suck , well i dont think that but alot of people think so

So you say they suck because a lot of people think so, and then you retract it? Make up your mind. And rabid fanboys != a lot of people. There are many more who like or are indifferent to Nintendo.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, the Satteleview and Disk Drive games look VERY interesting.

Since they were never ever ever ever released Worldwide. YES IT IS VERY INTERESTING.

Even though most of these can be emulated for free, there's something comforting about knowing you'd legally "own" them again. It's like they're legalizing pot or something. I dunno, I can't think of a good analogy. :P

I would rather pay for downloads on a ps3 than get them free on a nintendo revolution.

Not that sony would ever entertain the idea of such a system. Damn that evil company and their super sexy new game system. :P

I would enjoy this service a lot more if I couldn't already download these games for free.

However, the Satteleview and Disk Drive games look VERY interesting.

Those Satteleview games have been out on the emulation scene for along time. =X

Satteleview games

215. BS F-Zero 2 Grand Prix

216. BS Special Tee Shot

217. BS Zelda

Ugh... How sad, No Radical Dreamers...

Guess we won't see any of the unreleased games :P

I know I'm definitely looking forward to those dexdrive games.

Those have for sure never been emulated... Very sexy.

Hmm...well all this free stuff is wrong.

There's some disappointing news for those expecting these classics to be available for free. Nintendo is planning on pay downloads as being the standard for this download system. There will be many types of services, though, including limited time free downloads. One possibility mentioned by Iwata is free downloads as bonuses for buying new games.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/622/622870p1.html

Hmm...well all this free stuff is wrong.

There's some disappointing news for those expecting these classics to be available for free. Nintendo is planning on pay downloads as being the standard for this download system. There will be many types of services, though, including limited time free downloads. One possibility mentioned by Iwata is free downloads as bonuses for buying new games.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/622/622870p1.html

well what can I say :( you cant get what you want :P

Edited by loay

The Revolution hardware itself will feature a built-in flash memory capacity of 512MB, allowing gamers to download a number of games as well as save their game progress from Revolution software to the system itself. Nintendo will also sell SD cards (short for Secure Digital), which will allow players to have access to more storage capacity. SD cards are already a format PC users are familiar with, with the cards already available on the market in several different sizes, including 128MB, 256MB, 512MB and even 1GB. No price points were given for Nintendo’s SD cards. With the internal flash memory, Nintendo hinted that firmware upgrades for Revolution are not out of the question. On the subject of why it opted for flash memory over a hard drive, Nintendo stated that it believes children as young as five-years-old could be drawn to Revolution, thus it thinks a HDD could be easily damaged by being dropped.

Nothing is forever free. :P (hence AOL discs)

I wonder if those 64DD games will be available to U.S gamers. And I like the fact that it has backwards compatability all the way back to the old nintendo (except gamecube) if that's what's implied, and by way of download too.

And for games not made by nintendo, who knows...maybe we'll see em when Ted Turner launches his roms service :P