Is Rodi BitTorrent’s Replacement?

Rodi is a small-client P2P application, written in Java, that improves on BitTorrent by allowing both content searches and full anonymity. It’s released under the General Public License (GNU).  The client can be accessed here.

Even your IP address can be hidden using Rodi through a process called "bouncing." That is, if A wants a file from B, they get C to agree to stand-in on the exchange. B gets C’s IP address, not A’s. Through IP Spoofing A can even hide their identity from C.

Rodi can also be used from behind corporate firewalls and LANs using Network Address Translation (NATs), something most home gateways have. 

The person behind Rodi (the name means pomegranate in Greek) identifies himself only as LaryTet, an Israeli male living in Tel Aviv. He is publicizing his creation because he wants some help, both financial and technical, in making the user interface something that anyone can use.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/index.php?p=303

Hmm... This might be an excellent solution, but we won't know for sure until l somebody has tried it. The only problem I currently have with Rodi is that it's pure Java.

On a related note, Bram Cohem finished the beta of the new trackerless BitTorrent not that long ago.

Bittorrent now has the trackless torrents. I sense more VS related topics to come between these two. One counter point is Rodi is java. 100% Java. RUN AWAY!

Yeah...that's the reason I don't use Azureus because it uses flocking Java.

Az is very good, but yeah, the java thing bugs me. But it's the only good BT program besides the offical client that doesn't rapes my computer of EVERYTHING.

Edited by K`dash

Yeah I can go for some coffee right now.

thats what we're talking about right? COFFEE???

:lol: