Legal music downloads get cheaper

Yahoo! is launching an online music subscription service designed to undercut the prices of providers such as RealNetworks' Rhapsody and Napster.

Yahoo said yesterday it was offering the service, which is launched today, with an introductory price of $4.99 per month (£2.65) for an annual subscription. The service lets users play tunes from a catalogue of more than 1m songs, transfer tracks to portable devices and share music with friends through Yahoo! Messenger.

Full story here

I prefer it for free! What do you think?

I simply refuse to pay for music unless it's a whole album that is decent. I'm sick and f'ing tired of these albums coming out that have 1 or 2 good songs on em, and the rest of the album is absolute garbage filler.

If it's a case of just 1 or 2 songs being good, I'm downloading.......and I'm NOT paying for it. If it's a whole good album, I buy it.

I might consider even buying these crap albums with the 1 or 2 good songs, if I wasn't having to pay $20 for a fuxing CD. Make it $5 and you may have yourself a sale.

I simply refuse to pay for music unless it's a whole album that is decent. I'm sick and f'ing tired of these albums coming out that have 1 or 2 good songs on em, and the rest of the album is absolute garbage filler.

If it's a case of just 1 or 2 songs being good, I'm downloading.......and I'm NOT paying for it. If it's a whole good album, I buy it.

I might consider even buying these crap albums with the 1 or 2 good songs, if I wasn't having to pay $20 for a fuxing CD. Make it $5 and you may have yourself a sale.

Well that's why you buy the individual songs of servicies like iTunes and this Yahoo thing.

IMO, if you're going to buy musik, it's better to buy the cd

then you can do whatever you want w/the musik except share it

when you buy musik off of those services, the only thing you can usually do with it is listen to it due to the fact they're usally encrypted

Ah yes...encryption. I forgot about that. ;)

yeah

speaking of which, the engineers are going to need to use a more complicating algorithm cause they've all been figured out, just not commercially. I memmer visiting this one site of this dude who figured out the one for for m4p files (found on itunes), and even shared his source

I heard the napster wma has been figured out too

Unless stated otherwise. The reason I love itune's service is you own the tracks/albums afterwards. You can do anything you want with them compared to other services such as Napster.

Unless stated otherwise. The reason I love itune's service is you own the tracks/albums afterwards. You can do anything you want with them compared to other services such as Napster.

itunes is ok. One of the reasons I didn't like it much is cause they didn't have everything I was looking for