Counter-strike thoughts

Just wanting an opinion on counter-strike.

What version of CS do you prefer?

1) Counter-Strike 1.6

2) Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

3) Counter-Strike: Source

I prefer 1.6 because the others seem noob friendly. Takes the skill out of playing.

CZ has hardly any recoil and Source has got the biggest hit-boxes ever.

OK if you are a beginner i suppose, but everyone to their own opinion ;)

CS Beta 6.0 > All. I don't really play CS that much anymore but if I do I play CS:S because it looks better and has fewer lamers. I never played CS:CZ online nor do I have any wish to. The last version I used to play a lot was 1.3 so I never played 1.4-1.6, I just started again with Source.

Source. People use guns other than the deagle, MP5, colt, and ak in Source. Not many people, granted, but still much more than in any of the HL1 variants (except back when the PARA 0wned j00). The variety makes it more interesting.

All in all though, I'm pretty much done with CS. It's been largely unchanged for far too long to play it regularly anymore. My new love is Red Orchestra.

I don't really like source. Its too boring. Might as well call it UT clone cause thats what it is.

I play 1.6 more but recently, I've been playing other games like WC3 and stuff.

Source.  People use guns other than the deagle, MP5, colt, and ak in Source.  Not many people, granted, but still much more than in any of the HL1 variants (except back when the PARA 0wned j00).  The variety makes it more interesting.

All in all though, I'm pretty much done with CS.  It's been largely unchanged for far too long to play it regularly anymore.  My new love is Red Orchestra.

I'm with this guy. Except I refuse to use Source my competitve needs. It is totally different compared too CS1.6 IMO. I quit playing clans 2 years ago and play it exclusively on LAN.

Dea, we should orginize a RO Tour. Where we play all the maps on the server straight no breaks-besides the always map change. I did it with my friend months back and we had an awesome time. It continued until the wee hours of the morning. By then, we'd know maps inside out.

I think 1.5 is the best, fucking steam

Best version of CS is when the P90 was a rapid fire AWP.

Dea, we should orginize a RO Tour. Where we play all the maps on the server straight no breaks-besides the always map change. I did it with my friend months back and we had an awesome time. It continued until the wee hours of the morning. By then, we'd know maps inside out.

That would be awesome, but would take ages! :P

How many people did you do this with? Just 1 on 1 or on a public server or what? Most of the publics I play on use map voting, and everyone seems to vote for the same maps. Getting artied to death on ponyri is only fun so many times in a row. :\

Speaking of public servers, are there any that you frequent?

That would be awesome, but would take ages! :P

How many people did you do this with? Just 1 on 1 or on a public server or what? Most of the publics I play on use map voting, and everyone seems to vote for the same maps. Getting artied to death on ponyri is only fun so many times in a row. :\

Speaking of public servers, are there any that you frequent?

The map voting process isn't allowed to vote for the last 5 maps that were in play. And I frequent on teh CIA servers if there is room. Pretty obvious who I am there (psst, it's wizard).

And we played on a public server. CIA <3

The map voting process isn't allowed to vote for the last 5 maps that were in play. And I frequent on teh CIA servers if there is room. Pretty obvious who I am there (psst, it's wizard).

And we played on a public server. CIA <3

Is that new with 3.2? I could have swore I played Berlin 800000000000000000000 times in a row in 3.1, but I've only done a few rounds of 3.2.

And I'm normally on the CiA servers myself. I haven't been on much lately, but my interest was renewed with a LAN party this weekend, so perhaps I'll run into you.