3D Projection in Nintendo Revolution?

Gryph

I don't understand how he ties together Nintndo and George Lucas. Those are two completely different things that the writer tied together to make an article that has literally no grounds to even be remotely true.

That's like saying that because Nintendo is developing new features for the Revolution, and Ben & Jerry's is making an all-new ice cream flavor, the Revolution will taste like ice cream.

He mentioned George Lucas because he is one of the people trying to make cheap 3D projectors which is something Nintendo would need. I doubt there is a direct connection though.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im wondering by projector do they mean it will aim towards a wall and you can play your next-gen mario game. or a projector in which you don't need a wall and it will be self projected. like one of those star wars movies. a better example would be halo. when that cortana chick is projected, would it be like that?

im wondering by projector do they mean it will aim towards a wall and you can play your next-gen mario game. or a projector in which you don't need a wall and it will be self projected. like one of those star wars movies. a better example would be halo. when that cortana chick is projected, would it be like that?

Supposedly it would be like spy kids 3d as in projected on a screen and the colours and stuff look 3d due to a device making an illusionary 3d effect,

the thing in halo you talk about is a holographic projection and the only one in existance i think is in an airpot and cost $1 million dollars, there to expensive to make but hella cool if done.

Supposedly

Edited by Aoshi

the thing in halo you talk about is a holographic projection and the only one in existance i think is in an airpot and cost $1 million dollars, there to expensive to make but hella cool if done.

Supposedly

you've never played SEGA's Time Traveler. a 3d holographic game from days gone by. they had one of these at an arcade I used to frequent as a lad. the game sucked but the hologram was amazing.

SEGA's Time Traveler Holographic game

more time traveler

anyways I smell virtual boy stink all over this announcement

Edited by garageink

you've never played SEGA's Time Traveler. a 3d holographic game from days gone by. they had one of these at an arcade I used to frequent as a lad. the game sucked but the hologram was amazing.

That is a closed hologram meaning it is only able to be seen in a cabinet that is blackened with glass and mirrors, the hologram lord snow is talking about is a nearly impossible thing to create, like the concepts of ones seen in halo or those yugioh monsters.

Idoubt nintendo would use a cabinet for there system and open hologrms are to expensive, so it must be a 3d thing like in those movies friday the 13-3D, spy kids 3D, jaws 3D

But this is still speculation

Most of us on 4chan called it bullshit. So thus far, it is bullshit. Although it would bt kind of nice to have a built in VGA adapter.

first pic revealed!!!!! ohhh it's hot

nintendo.jpg

notice the gyroscopic controller for true 3d space control and the holographic projection unit for eye popping true 3d visuals