Xbox 360

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as last time, X-box had more power then ps2, were te games at tho?

Xbox hss some good games.. hell we have most the fighting games emu people rave and they have xbox live functions as well. I got hooked on guiltygear xx reloaded for weeks.. lol to bad the japanese are so much better then us.

All matters what u consider " good games " personly fps i can jump into for 20 minates online and then jump back off are great. How man of thos do u got on the ps2? Sure it may not have many rpgs.. but meh most i dont care for anyways. Morowind rocked though even if it wasnt graphicly good. (cant wait for oblivion on 360)..

did anyone play forza?

Edited by Bluestinger X

yeah I love it when people say xbox has no good games when 80% of both console's liberary is the same.

if you love jap style rpgs then xbox isn't for you, I pretty much hate jap style rpgs so I don't miss em. Most of the games I play on xbox are available on ps2 and ngc.

yeah I love it when people say xbox has no good games when 80% of both console's liberary is the same.

if you love jap style rpgs then xbox isn't for you, I pretty much hate jap style rpgs so I don't miss em. Most of the games I play on xbox are available on ps2 and ngc.

Since the libraries of all three current systems are largely the same, people are usually just comparing the exclusive titles when they say things like that. Xbox has an extra disadvantage in this comparison because many of its good "exclusives" are available with more features as PC titles - such as Morrowind and some of its FPS games.

In my opinion, the current-generation xbox does come out behind the competition when it comes to exclusives. But then, that's just my opinion based on the games I like to play and my experience as a PC gamer.

I prefer playing RPG's, something I can waste $50 on and not have to waste another $50 for a few weeks or so. When Fable came out (since I own a X-box not a ps2) I was anxioxly waiting to play it, when I finaly did, it was the shortest RPG that I ever played storywise.

I prefer playing RPG's, something I can waste $50 on and not have to waste another $50 for a few weeks or so. When Fable came out (since I own a X-box not a ps2) I was anxioxly waiting to play it, when I finaly did, it was the shortest RPG that I ever played storywise.

thats because the guy who made it is a complete failure. He promised so much and gave us something u could beat in a day. Sure it was a nice SHORT rpg... but man ill never trust anything from him again. I want the true Project Ego not fable.

Cant believe hes even got the nerve to release it to the pc.

Xbox does have a couple rpgs worth playin though.. ive been needing to pick up jade empire.

On the topic of PC gaming... i just dont dig it. If i can play the game on the console then thats where ill play it. I just feel irritated sitting at a desk and using a keyboard and mouse to play games (dont start on the mouse + keyboard stuff ive heard it enough sitting back and relaxing with a controler is just more of a fun gaming experince to me) Sure ill play one from time to time... but thats only if its a must have like hl2 and if hl2 was on a gaming console i would have probably played it twice as much.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm at my desk most of the time so it's a good place to play games for me.

And Peter Molyneux really went downhill after Bullfrog went away. He is the master at overhyping and under-delevering. But I'm still in awe at his grand visions, I just wish he could actually put them all into a game. But The Movies looks fantastic so far but Black and White 2 just looks like more Black and White which is just meh.

Fable was a piece of crap. The PC version will be better looking piece of crap with 30% added crap.

Fable was a piece of crap. The PC version will be better looking piece of crap with 30% added crap.

Oh? I might still try that out though.

• 3 weeks later...
In an interview with Bit-Tech.Net, Richard Harris of ATI has revealed the very first details on how backward compatibility will work on the Xbox 360. Explaining the role ATI hardware will play in the process, Harris states:

“They have implemented compatibility purely through emulation (at the CPU level). It looks like emulation profiles for each game are going to be stored on the hard drive, and I imagine that a certain number will ship with the system. They already have the infrastructure to distribute more profiles via Live, and more and more can be made available online periodically.”

“Emulating the CPU isn’t really a difficult task. They have three 3GHz cores, so emulating one 733MHz chip is pretty easy. The real bottlenecks in the emulation are GPU calls – calls made specifically by games to the nVIDIA hardware in a certain way. General GPU instructions are easy to convert – an instruction to draw a triangle in a certain way will be pretty generic. However, it’s the odd cases, the proprietary routines that will cause hassle.”

looks like they will be using emulation...