Good XBox Games

Daeval

KOTOR 1 and 2 aren't exclusive, however, Jade Empire looks quite tasty.

GryphonKlaw actually M$ made a media center that works with the pc one but xbmc is a lot better in my eyes simply for what it has to offer and without needing to buy extra M$ crap (the $80 remote/disc is usless without your pc having windows media center)

Oh ok...well I'm sure it's decent. :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xbox media center is in no way made by MS.... i know some of the devs and they wont even give out compiled versions of it since they are afraid of being sued.. they have the source of Source forge so anyone who feels like adding anything can. xbmc uses the mplayer core they just turned it into a stand alone media player with a kick ass ui and stuff... serious xbmc alone is worth modding ur xbox. Its almost like a xbox OS since u can load all ur games and emulators and stuff.

heres some shots of it http://chokemaniac.loafamotive.com/gallery.php?cat=pm3

http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/

Edited by Bluestinger X

when you see a proper moded xbox running media center you will thow the PC away for media. The Emulation alothough not up to PC is quite close to it , a mile ahead of other consoles. The games are as good as PS2. I have and both and I recon the PS2 is rubbish, slow loading games, have to change disc, no Movies :lol: no real Emulators :( theres actually many more negative points like no news or weather look ups or Email checking no shoutcasts to name only a few...................

This is option but hey I own both and I use xbox every day and dont even want my PS2. Not to mention the buggy dvd players in PS make modding old ones a nightmare

i make xbmc only xbox's all the time for people...thats all they want after you show them....the only other option for a home media center that has the same functionality cost about 650.00 USD

for 60.00 used xbox and free XBMC updated daily...people prefer XBMC :lol:

where are you getting used xboxes for 60 bucks? they are twice that around here.

Ok, so the gist I'm getting here is that an XBox is cool for its aftermarket mods. As far as games go, it doesn't really have much on its competition. However, you can easily turn it into an inexpensive "pirate playback box" - essentially a movies, music, and emulation PC with the inherent ability to pirate xbox games.

This probably isn't the mainstream draw of the system, but it seems to be the #1 reason that members of the nerd elite have taken to it.

So now I'm wondering:

If Micro$oft is successful in making piracy more difficult on the XBox2, will the new system have the same hardcore appeal?

So now I'm wondering:

If Micro$oft is successful in making piracy more difficult on the XBox2, will the new system have the same hardcore appeal?

well MS has NOT been successful at making any of thier products more secure so I am not really worried. lol

So now I'm wondering:

That's an excellent question. It'll probably sell like hotcakes in the US regardless.