GCN RE4 > PS2 RE4

NeoMaster

Reading This Report it seems that rumours of the PS2 version of RE4 will have significant downgrades compared to the Gamecube version. For some quickies from the report are

1. RE4 GCN supported 24-bit textures. PS2 version will have to be downgraded to 8/4 bit to make it non laggy.

2. Leon had about 10000 polygons, PS2 will have to reduce it by 5000.

3. Lighting effects and layers and crap like that had to be removed from the PS2 version to stabilize frame rate.

Just a reminder IT IS ONLY A RUMOUR and a not proven fact.

I want it to be just a rumour...for getting it on PS2 is a lot cheaper than getting it on the CUBE. :peopleseybrow::lol:

Edited by NeoMaster

their other pc ports came out bad so thats a good thing hehe

well its gonna come watered down to ps2 but it shouldn't be that bad as you may put it. if you played any of the latest re games on ps2, you'll notice the gfx are pretty damn good; lets just hope capcom does a good job as those.

if anything i might buy a gc off my cousin, he only bought for the 2 game deal (re:0 and sonic collection) and hasn't used it since lol

Edited by Prican25

GC's are a dime a dozen these days. I had to pay 300 CAD for mine...and that's before taxes, games, and mem card :peopleseybrow:

I wanted to buy another one when they had that GC/2 Controllers/Mario Kart deal for 120 CAD, but that lasted about a week before being sold out.

Rumors thats it's going to be downgraded?

Wow, where have you been. IT IS GOING TO GET DOWNGRADED. It doesn't take god damn ign to know that. The only GOOD thing thats coming out of it is the video is going to be mpeg2 over divx(gamecube uses divx compression for it's videos).

Sheit, not even Mayamaki is working on it. Not even the original team has anything to do with it. It's all new people.

capcom shoulda focus on a PC port instead but nooo =P

buh, no way... have you ever played a game like that on PC? they're horrible, and it's horrible to be seating on your PC/executive seat playing that type of games. buh.... even on laptops, it's not healthy to say the least

Of course Re4 is going to get downgraded for the PS2, that's given considering the hardware limitations... but I still wouldn't go as far as calling it's looks "total ass". Sure, it looks worse than on the GC, but so what? That's how it has always been.

As for Capcom's PC ports, I wish to god that doesn't happen.

I haven't been living under a rock you know. I have both systems and I know that the PS2 isn't as low tech as you may think. Most games on Gamecube that are available on PS2 have minor differences. I'm just surprised that the PS2 would be downgraded in such a high extent. Stupid rather that Capcom would try to appeal to a huge audience of gamers with a super washed down version of a great game.

Rumors thats it's going to be downgraded?

Wow, where have you been. IT IS GOING TO GET DOWNGRADED. It doesn't take god damn ign to know that.

Obviously its going to get downgraded a lot. I think he just means the specifics given are so far just rumour.

YEAAAH! It's going to have lots of blurry ass effects that will rape your mind and make you sick as fuck!

I haven't been living under a rock you know. I have both systems and I know that the PS2 isn't as low tech as you may think. Most games on Gamecube that are available on PS2 have minor differences. I'm just surprised that the PS2 would be downgraded in such a high extent. Stupid rather that Capcom would try to appeal to a huge audience of gamers with a super washed down version of a great game.

PS2 is weak in terms of physical power when combining all 3 processings; graphics, sounds and A.I. End of story. I know because you know. Capcom milk milk milks franchises! Doesn't even care about it's own people after what they did. It's being downgraded because guess what! It's not the same people! You think a whole slap together random team is gonna do a better job then the actual people who built the damn thing? I say random because it really is random.

4 dead PS2s, thats roughly several thousand dollars right there. Good thing 2 of them aren't mine. Have you seen the old tech demos for it? I find it extremely funny that were getting to their degree (minus the whole texture skin demo) of graphics they showed us 6 years ago for the PS2.

Yo Gryph,

EMOTION ENGINE