Two Charged in Making and Selling Counterfeit Xbox

Inky

Two Amherstburg, ON (Canada) residents are facing 21 charges under the Copyright Act, after RCMP investigators shut down an operation that was allegedly making and selling counterfeit Xbox games.

The RCMP received a complaint from Microsoft Canada, the manufacturer, copyright and trademark holder for Xbox, about a Website that was selling counterfeit games for modified Xbox systems. As part of the investigation, approximately 20 counterfeit games were purchased from the Website, which was tracked to a residence in Amherstburg.

Investigators believe the Website was in business for longer than 15 months, and sold in excess of 14,700 games at approximately US$7 each. Total sales is estimated at US$95,000, and games were sold all over the world, including in Australia, England, Ireland and Denmark.

Tammy Colombe, 26, and Christopher Kay, 27 were both charged on January 12, 2005 with 15 counts of selling and six counts of making counterfeit goods.

I'm pretty sure I have done buisness with these people before. (the names and town sound vary familier to me.) to bad for them.

but damn 95,000 bucks in 15 months isn't a bad amount of scratch. I've often wondered how much those backup sellers make. oh yeah and they are from canada, I thought you canadians were immune to this stuff.

Two Charged in Making and Selling Counterfeit Xbox

should be called selling counterfeit games not conterfeit x box i was actually thinking they made a fake x box

yeah these things arent new, i mean its not public, the counterfeit business, and if you look correctly you might find people secretly selling counterfeit games near you.

they were prolly living together so she got caught up in the investigation. just a guess.

They have to be the stupidest people in the entire world...selling copied games over the internet and thinking that they wouldn't be caught...

Thats worse than the guy who robbed my mates house only to leave his wallet with his drivers license behind....

They have to be the stupidest people in the entire world...selling copied games over the internet and thinking that they wouldn't be caught...

Thats worse than the guy who robbed my mates house only to leave his wallet with his drivers license behind....

Hahahaha! That's pretty damn stupid. :)

Selling it on the internet! Of course it would attract attention. How could they possibly think otherwise? They would have been smarter to run the operation for a year then close up shop, or change the name or something.