How do I make emulators?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with weird, why is it that this tuturials take so long so we can start working with graphics!? I want to make a game out of sprites already!

oh

well if you wanna do that I suggest you take a physics class or something cause there is physics involved in games

a lot

Well, Drake, I don't think you can use graphics on console applications on visual. It's a middle stage between dos programing and windows programing.

If you want to use graphics, advance to windows applications, or go back to Turbo C++. Turbo C++ is much simpler.

Well, my teacher aint going toward window's applications any soon, I guess I'll look for site that teach me how to use C++ on making programs desighned for Win32 instead of cmd prompt...

IMO, I think it's better to learn the command line stuff, cause making resources is just putting a bunch of pictures and crap like that

Well, my teacher aint going toward window's applications any soon, I guess I'll look for site that teach me how to use C++ on making programs desighned for Win32 instead of cmd prompt...

First things first. Make sure you are at ease with writing algorithms in whatever language you are using before starting graphical programming.

First things first. Make sure you are at ease with writing algorithms in whatever language you are using before starting graphical programming.

That is the problem with Drake's case... He wants to get into making graphics (or rather, something that can be called a graphical game) way too early. Jesus Christ man, learn the basics extremely well before even dreaming about doing graphics.

This is a nice quote by John Carmack about programming:

"Like most things, it is difficult to come up with a single weighted sum of the value of a programmer. I prefer to evaluate multiple axis independently. Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem. There are talents that are specifically related to actually coding, but the real issue is being able to grasp problems and devise solutions that are detailed enough to actually be coded. Being able to clearly keep a lot of aspects of a complex system visualized is valuable. Having a good feel for time and storage that is flexible enough to work over a range of ten orders of magnitude is valuable. Experience is valuable. Knowing the literature is valuable. Being able to integrate methods and knowledge from different fields is valuable. Being consistent is valuable. Being creative is valuable. Focus is extremely important. Being able to maintain focus for the length of a project gets harder and harder as schedules grow longer, but it is critical to doing great work."

Whats the problem with me going into graphics? I know the basics...sorta, and the reason we ain't getting into graphics soon is because my teacher is doing graphics next year in programing 3 with JAVA instead of C++, im also taking programin 1 , Visual Basic, wich isn't required, but since im getting 8 classes instead of 6 next year I can take it now