EA Considering Sims-Like TV Show

Gryph

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=7331802

Here's a quick bit from the article:

Electronic Arts, the world's biggest video game publisher, is considering an interactive TV show that would let viewers control the actions of the characters as in its popular game "The Sims."

"One idea could be that you're controlling a family, telling them when to go to the kitchen and when to go to the bedroom, and with this mechanism you have gamers all over the world 'playing the show'," said Jan Bolz, vice president of marketing and sales for EA Europe.

I don't know about you, but to me this sounds like a terrible idea. Reality TV + The Sims can only mean pure evil.

can't be any worse then "who's your daddy"

I hate reality TV...........

The Sims has its merits, which are far greater than those of reality TV. That said, I'm not sure how a combination of the two is going to be that much more entertaining than watching over someone's shoulder as they giggle like a schoolboy the first time they make a sim piss.

ok, EA is like going to kill video games, is this company being runned by anti-video gamers in order to destroy my lvery life and soul!!

No, it is being run by hardened businessmen, who think about profits. This is how the world works.

Edited by Agozer