More proof that today's kids suck

Gryph

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article wasn't as good as the first one. The kids in this one were far more respectful, and I think a little older, and I don't remember the magazine asking so many stupid leading questions in the first one.

It's hard to say this, because I was raised on Atari and Commodore 64 so these old games are my classics, but I honestly wouldn't expect someone raised on PS2 games to get more than a passing kick out of older games like this. For us older folk, they have "retro" or "roots" value, but compared to the reward structure and level of complexity in today's games, they're just too different. Some of the newer games in that article, like Gunstar Heroes and GTA, those that have more modern gameplay aspects, mostly got decent reviews from the kids. The graphics were a point of contention, and let's face it, they aren't up to snuff by today's standards, but there were kids there who could see past that because of the gameplay. The older games though, like pong or galaga, just aren't like anything recently made. Doing the exact same, relatively simple task for as long as possible just to see your initials above everyone elses just isn't a gameplay/reward structure that anyone shoots for anymore.

I have to say at this point that I was extatic when I finally went to a gameshow called Game On. It showcased games from things older than Pong to they newest pixel pushers. All playable.

Bliss.

Hey, at least when people my age are old we'll look back saying these games were good and our kids make fun of make us calling us old school and other random sheit.

Daeval: thats not necessarily true i like going back to games like pacman and galaga and tetris and stuff like that BECAUSE it doesnt have too much pizazz and differences and stuff like that its just a little bit of light hearted fun that isnt too complex or stimulating

Daeval: thats not necessarily true i like going back to games like pacman and galaga and tetris and stuff like that BECAUSE it doesnt have too much pizazz and differences and stuff like that its just a little bit of light hearted fun that isnt too complex or stimulating

Right, I agree wholeheartedly! I didn't mean to say that it's a bad thing, but it IS a world apart from what newer gamers are used to. I could see if they would make a nice distraction once in a while, but I certainly wouldn't expect a younger gamer to hold them in the divine regard we geezers have them in.

Hey, at least when people my age are old we'll look back saying these games were good and our kids make fun of make us calling us old school and other random sheit.

But that's why sticks were intented, to bash the kneecaps of little snots.

Edited by Dooz

eh, i have to agree with them, i mean they came from an age of higher standards, like alot of you younger teenage turds were still 6-8 durring the birth of psx so you coudnt appreciate the advances because..i totally forgot were i was going with this but as long as they dont bash 8bit contra or mario 2 or the supernintendo generation i really dont see anything to get mad about, hell pitfall makes me wanna get a damn seizure

but id rather play toejam and earl than halo 2 because fps are all garbage (except the first doom, shadow warrior, and the N64 ver goldeneye)