Mame Machine

supa_al

Ive decided to build an arcade cabinet just for MAME. Here is how its gonna lay out.

I want to do a version where you sit down instead of standing up. Those big ones where it has more than one game. When i find an image ill post it.

But im gonna add in a four controller layout. 2 joystick versions and 2 controller versions.

Anyways, would it be cheaper to make it or to buy a version like this and change it to my liking?

What are your thoughts.

The sit down style cabs are called Veruse City or Net City, depending on where you look.

Check out this link for reference pictures.

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/mach...inets_only.html

This is the one i'm building:

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/mach...s_City_711.html

Execpt I'll be using "19 TV screens with a Y Signal splitter and the joysticks will be bought then taken apart. Mines for console use mainly, but it's going to be possible to hook up a PC to those TVs using a Y Splitter yet again and a Video Card with a S-Video or Video-Out jack.

As for price, you should jot down what you got and what you need.

I'm saving maybe 200 bucks because I already have 2 "19 TVs. so far, it cost 80 bucks for the wood needed to be built. No paints and no sticks yet, so it's going to cost me more (since I need 2 joysticks that are muilticonsole).

I Dont Like To Edit So, Ya.

Well If You Build It, It Might Be A Little More Expensive, Unless You Know What You Are Doing, I Mean I've Seen People Built Control Pannels For $200 When They Can Buy One For Half The Price.

I'm jsut Saying IF you Know EXACTLY What You Are Doing Build One.

And To Save On Cost, Use A TV Or Monitor For The Screen.

And ImageStore Has Real Good Low Priced Video Cards.

Looks like it's going to be good stuff.

Did you mean you are going to put consoles in it, rather than a computer + emulators? (although I understand you'd have that option) If so, what kind of console/s?

You'll have to post specs/pics/etc when you get around to it.

Xarcades are good, but I don't feel like taking mine apart :(

No, Click On The Like I Gave, Xarcade Sells Parts, Like 2 Sticks And 18 Black Buttons And 2 Player Start Buttons For $20($19.99). That Would Really Save Your Energy For Other Much Needed Things Like Wacking Off.

Daeval

What im gonna do is just build the Arcade Cabinet. As for the gaming, im gonna add a dedicated pc just for mame....and probably for the snes n stuff.

Buy yeah, from what ive seen, i would rather just build it myself. The only thing i see that costs is the monitor. Aside from that, i could just do the cabinet, and make the fittings so i can add the joysticks and the controllers.

I got a friend that works at Home Depot so he can help with the cuttin n stuff.

K'dash, How is yours coming along? Thats actually how i want to build mine.

I Dont Like To Edit So, Ya.

Well If You Build It, It Might Be A Little More Expensive, Unless You Know What You Are Doing, I Mean I've Seen People Built Control Pannels For $200 When They Can Buy One For Half The Price.

I'm jsut Saying IF you Know EXACTLY What You Are Doing Build One.

And To Save On Cost, Use A TV Or Monitor For The Screen.

And ImageStore Has Real Good Low Priced Video Cards.

I do not care if you do not like to edit Please do not double post !