[11/30/04] Capcom Fighting Evolution

not bad, although id give it a 4/10, its not a BAD game, but capcom could have done much better because it feels way too much  like another s.f, and not much fair representation on capcom's behalf ( they should have had team megaman, team re, team DMC, team viewtiful joe, ect)

Fail. It's not a SF game at all. If you want to get technical, it just took the throwing bit from SFIII. Which is about friking it. Learn capcom games or gb2/snk. Also note that CVS2 sucked hardcore and SFIII is the better game.

Skythe: I did some research, Shin Gouki/Akuma first appeared in SFIIT as CPU, the player enabled one was just plain Akuma(yeah, wtf), along with Ten Gouki/Akuma in SSFII-X for Dreamcast(he also be in the SFII Anniversary for the PS2, but I haven't checked). The difference between the 2 is Ten is more in touch with the CPU Shin Akuma(Fast as hell and double air fireballs and sheit) and has the ability to do the Shungoku Satsu.

Everyone else be happy I posted twice within 12 hours.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skythe: I did some research, Shin Gouki/Akuma first appeared in SFIIT as CPU, the player enabled one was just plain Akuma(yeah, wtf), along with Ten Gouki/Akuma in SSFII-X for Dreamcast(he also be in the SFII Anniversary for the PS2, but I haven't checked). The difference between the 2 is Ten is more in touch with the CPU Shin Akuma(Fast as hell and double air fireballs and sheit) and has the ability to do the Shungoku Satsu.

Still a PFFT!

Also note that CVS2 sucked hardcore and SFIII is the better game.

Double PFFFT!

Street Fighter III was more "hardcore" or whatever, but CvS 2 was a lot more fun for me and my friends. There hasn't been a fighter since CvS2 that got all of us around the TV at the same time (Except for VF4:Evo, but that's not 2D). SFIII got the really good ones among us interested long enough to beat it with a few characters and whoop on each other a bit. But, between the small number of characters, god awful character designs, annoying music, and unusual movesets, it didn't keep any of us interested for long, and certainly didn't grab the casual fighter fans' attention.

I'll admit, if you can get past the god awful characters and the music, there is a really deep game behind SFIII, and they took a lot of chances changing up the movesets, which I respect. I don't think it's a bad game, and it's sure to be the hardcore players' favorite, but if we're comparing them as timeless fighters with universal appeal, I'd have to give it to CvS2.

Sorry to disagree with you as soon as you got back. It's nothing personal! :lol:

You talking about Third Strike or the broken POS known as New Generation. This what happened to Capcom. They tried something new, and the fans biatch, they try something old, they still biatch, they fix alot of problems, they yet again they still biatch. I'm just glad their still doing something for now, oh snap, i'm wrong, Since Capcom of Japan doesn't care about Street Fighter anymore, they sold it off to Capcom of America because it's actually sucessful here again!

Comics that don't suck + Toy Line + Sagat c.Firce = ownage

You talking about Third Strike or the broken POS known as New Generation. This what happened to Capcom. They tried something new, and the fans biatch, they try something old, they still biatch, they fix alot of problems, they yet again they still biatch. I'm just glad their still doing something for now, oh snap, i'm wrong, Since Capcom of Japan doesn't care about Street Fighter anymore, they sold it off to Capcom of America because it's actually sucessful here again!

Comics that don't suck + Toy Line + Sagat c.Firce =  ownage

I was refering to Third Strike.

To what in particular were you referring with your "something new," "something old," "fix a lot of problems?"

To what in particular were you referring with your "something new," "something old," "fix a lot of problems?"

Ohh, that think, random rambling on why 2d advocators(the ones that really want NO change at all) fanboys suck.

As for Thrid Strike, it's much better. I like my rosters nice and balanced. And I liked the art. And new arc = better.

Ohh, that think, random rambling on why 2d advocators(the ones that really want NO change at all) fanboys suck.

As for Thrid Strike, it's much better. I like my rosters nice and balanced. And I liked the art. And new arc = better.

The art was good, it was the new character designs I didn't like. Elena, Ibuki, and Alex were cool. Makoto and Sean were at least interesting takes on a standard design. Yun/Yang and Remy were pretty uninspired. Hugo was a nice thought, but he came out looking completely retarted, and is an insult to the deceased he is meant to honor. Dudley likewise. Necro, Oro, Q and Urien/Gill look like Darkstalkers rejects. Twelve I'm going to let slide, although he really belongs with the DS rejects too.

Like I said, the art was good, but even a master painter couldn't make most of that subject matter look cool.

And I'm still curious which titles were the "something new," etc. Not for arguments sake, just beacuse I want to know.

"Something new" would be SFIII, SFEX games(i admit, 2 of them did suck).

When Capcom Fighting All-Stars was beta tested, when capcom made it, they took all the problems in SFEX, and fixed them. But everyone still btched about it.

"Something new" would be SFIII, SFEX games(i admit, 2 of them did suck).

When Capcom Fighting All-Stars was beta tested, when capcom made it, they took all the problems in SFEX, and fixed them. But everyone still btched about it.

Ah ok. Yeah, I kinda liked the EX games, they were different enough to be cool. Dr. Dark was l33t. And I was looking forward to All-Stars, damnit.

Edited by Daeval