is this the right crossover cable?

alundra

rj45 is the jack the cable uses, crossover cable is a like a y cable with rj45's on them

im confuse right now, as i know nothing about networking and such...

i went to radion shack and asked a guy about the crossever cable, that guy know nothing, he pointed me to a ps2 cable extension :P could you show me to a link that has a picture or details of the cable...thanks

Any package you buy will clearly state that the cable, is a crossover cable. Standard cables otherwise not marked as such, and are used for hooking up to a hub/router etc.

FYI Crossover cables are usually yellow too. It seems to be the color reserved for crossover, as I've never seen a crossover that wasn't yellow, nor a standard cable that was yellow.

Any package you buy will clearly state that the cable, is a crossover cable. Standard cables otherwise not marked as such, and are used for hooking up to a hub/router etc.

FYI Crossover cables are usually yellow too. It seems to be the color reserved for crossover, as I've never seen a crossover that wasn't yellow, nor a standard cable that was yellow.

All x-cables I've seen are white. Straight ones are uually blue, black or red.

Crossover Cable

Crossover Cable

Crossover cables look like normal network cables except they are usually some sort of odd color.  Many are yellow or orange.  These two are orange, I have a yellow cable myself.  Both standard and crossover cables have RJ45 connectors on the end.

wow thanks..i forgot about bestbuy..and it near my house too.. :blink:

Crossover Cable

Crossover Cable

Crossover cables look like normal network cables except they are usually some sort of odd color.  Many are yellow or orange.  These two are orange, I have a yellow cable myself.  Both standard and crossover cables have RJ45 connectors on the end.

wow thanks..i forgot about bestbuy..and it near my house too.. :blink:

They should be fairly easy to find. Look on the first picture and you can see that the packages are normally labeled with "Crossover" in big lettering.