- 0 replies
- 1,711 views
- Add Reply
CaPriCe32 is an Amstrad CPC emulator for Windows.
- Rewrote all DirectX code to be more robust and error tolerant.
- The CPC screen is no longer being painted with hardware stretch blits by default, which should prevent the extreme slow-downs some users experienced.
- Caprice32 now goes to sleep when loosing focus or getting minimized: CPU usage drops to zero.
- Emulation can now be switched between windowed and full-screen mode. Full-Screen mode is user defined in resolution and bit depth.
- Switched to a different timing mechanism which keeps the emulator running closer to the original speed than before.
- Fixed sound playback - pops and clicks during playback should now be a thing of the past.
- Emulator Configuration is once again being stored in a file in the emulator directory and no longer in the Registry.
- New screen rendering methods: scanlines, line doubling (software), and line doubling (hardware).
- New speed selector in the Options dialog: the emulator speed can now be fixed at multiples of the original CPC speed.
- Added the option of colour and green monitor.
- Added error condition checks to zip, DSK and SNApshot routines.
- Added a modified DSK check at emulator exit so user won't loose their work.
- Implemented a completely new way to manage input: users can now map the CPC joysticks to any keyboard key or other connected control device, in any combination. See the updated documentation for more details.
- Mouse cursor now auto-hides to be less obtrusive.
- Support for French and Spanish keyboard layouts.
- Some fixes to the Z80 OUT handler involving the GA colour palette and PPI Port C.
- Added support for CDT tapes: still some work to be done here, as most SpeedLock protected games fail to load! Enjoy in moderation...
- Added 48 and 96 kHz sound playback options - high frequency notes and "buzzing" tones sound _much_ better now!
- Added a Frames Per Second display so users can judge how fast the emulation is actually running.
Get it at - http://www.caprice32.cybercube.com/