Final Burn Legends 1.8

+ T +

Great stuff, +T+! I been wanting to try out Batsugun for years.

Couple of quick questions:

1. will the rompack for this be on *snip* any time soon? Oh, and what kinda differences are we talking between this and the 1.7 pack? Just a few roms, or another whole complete set?

2. I got the 1.7 set from there (just before the childishness), and I'm still having to change the neogeo bios in the settings for each game to unibios to get them past the loading screen; it's not a huge deal (I'm going in there to change other stuff anyway, such as highscore saving), but I remember you saying you did not have to do this with your neogeo.zip. What files am I missing?

Have a great xmas dude!

Edited by Robert
removed rom site

Thanks everyone for the comments and support.

just out of curiosity, was sound disabled for boogie wings, wizard fire, and the dark seal games? im not getting any sound on any, :P

The drivers for these games currently have no sound.

Couple of quick questions:

1. will the rompack for this be on *snip* any time soon? Oh, and what kinda differences are we talking between this and the 1.7 pack? Just a few roms, or another whole complete set?

2. I got the 1.7 set from there (just before the childishness), and I'm still having to change the neogeo bios in the settings for each game to unibios to get them past the loading screen; it's not a huge deal (I'm going in there to change other stuff anyway, such as highscore saving), but I remember you saying you did not have to do this with your neogeo.zip. What files am I missing?

Have a great xmas dude!

I have nothing to do with the distribution of ROMs so your first question is better off asked elsewhere. As for the changes, you won't need a whole new set but there are some changes to a few significant games. As always you can use the provided DATs to see what you're missing. I'm having no such problems with NeoGeo games; out of interest, are you running in HD? I noticed that some of the larger games can take a while to get past the green hardware test screen when running in 720p or 1080i due to the extra memory involved.

Toaplan...sound .... :santa: thank you T

Next week, FBL 1.8 will run on my Egret 2 :-D

Is it possible to enable dipswitch in Guwange Blue Label ? Autofire is important in Guwange, we cant play for score without it

Edited by Sparda

Here's the updated FBL Extras pack containing screenshots, titles, and marquees (also added to first post): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UV7K9O5P

Is it possible to enable dipswitch in Guwange Blue Label ? Autofire is important in Guwange, we cant play for score without it

DIP switches in Cave games are accessed by holding down a service button for a few seconds. If you go into controller options, you can map this button to whatever you like (I forget what it's mapped to by default in Guwange).

just some feedback on FBL 1.8 i hate doin this +T+ as i know the work all you guys put into this

ive ran into a whole lot of issues im looking at steppin back to 1.7 and see if i can just switch the new toaplan.xbe with

the old one and hopefully the the games will still have sound

here's what ive found ive done the full clean install and have checked over my roms before posting

bonks adventure (no sound)

bombkick (no sound)

thunderhoop (no sound)

snowbros 3 (no sound)

op wolf 3 (unplayable graphics issues)

knuckle bash (no game fx just music)

knuckle bash 2 (no sound)

double dragon 2 (no game fx just music)

swat police (no game fx just music)

pocket gal dx (no sound) did have fx sounds last release

penguin bros (still wont load for me i get the old fbl encountered a problem message)

The missing sounds are probably down to a single cause. I'll try to find some time to fix it over the weekend. I don't have much time for testing FBL releases as I'm moving away from Xbox emulation at the moment, so I'm afraid you're all effectively beta testers from now on.

That being said, penbros works fine for me and I have none of the graphics issues you mention with opwolf3.