Ideas in getting more people to post?

Alpha

Well we have the members, but not the posts. And I'm not asking for SPAM! I'm talking about good posts that actually help people or even a simple good comment. I know a lot of people are from different message boards so it would be good to hear some tips and stuff on this. Since I think I have tried just about everything to increase the post counts around here. :blink::ph34r:

I don't know if this will get more posts, but its just an idea. A while ago on Gamefaqs they had these character tournament things. There would be a bracket and characters from various games would compete. People who visited Gamefaqs would vote on the character they liked more and the character with the most votes would proceed to the next level. It was pretty cool, I usually voted. Maybe we could do something like that?

As daft as it sounds if you could get 5 regualr posters a month and not just "were DiZ RoM" and "WeRe iZ yOuR BeSt FtP dIrEcvT LiNk Sites/ then it would make a huge difference.

I notice a trend ok kids post here asking for Yu Gi Oh And RPG stuff.

But what can you expect of young people sure there nice enuff but you wont get much of a conversation out of them...#

AIM is the key, slect your format and proceed.

The board has enuff posters who share decent conversation, just wait for others to gel to there own...

Its ok gettting people there roms, but a a free whore, when you have used her... you will probablie move on... :ph34r: sorry for the rude anaology its just that i have a "rom whore" oproach on rom whorz. :ph34r:

It is my opnion that the board is aimed at younger audiances, with this the conversations will always be between the younger mind :blink:

Contests such as banners and whoever wins gets their banner displayed on front page O_o?

I dunno really. People are always going to ask for roms and isos so theres nothing we can do about it. We have an adequate amount of members who talk in the current affairs anyways :o

• 1 month later...
I don't know if this will get more posts, but its just an idea. A while ago on Gamefaqs they had these character tournament things. There would be a bracket and characters from various games would compete. People who visited Gamefaqs would vote on the character they liked more and the character with the most votes would proceed to the next level. It was pretty cool, I usually voted. Maybe we could do something like that?

Rag, can you tell me more about this? it sounds interesting...