Win2DS v0.2

Sintax

Here's the new version for you all, I hope you enjoy. Included is the much-requested zoomed view, as well as some other little things that people have been asking for. Full changelog below. Please not that the button layout has changed, most importantly left click is different- read the readme for full details.

Win2DS v0.2 (you can find a mirror below)

---------

Changelog:

---------

v0.2:

-Added scrollable zoomed view of the desktop.

-Added faster speed option for screenshot updates which will not wait in between screenshots.

-Added small borders on the full-screen view for easier access to the screen edges.

-Improved touch keyboard functionality.

-Added support for special keys sent to Windows.

-Added middle mouse button support.

-Changed button layout on DS.

-Added 'Run on Startup' option to have the server start when it is ran.

-Settings are now saved in Windows between sessions.

Win2DS0.2.zip

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! The zoom option really makes a difference. The app is really usable now. I only have a couple of suggestions.

1. Allow the zoomed view to be used on the lower screen for more accurate controls.

2. Perhaps a way to optimise refresh rates? I noticed that if I set the zoomed view to 'Too fast' and set the full screen view to 'normal,' it will transfer at 30kbps~35kbps but if I change the full screen view to 'Slow,' it will transfer at 25kbps~28kbps. Perhaps there is a way to utilise the full bandwidth all the time?

Thanks again for this great app!

Perhaps there is a way to utilise the full bandwidth all the time?
The bottleneck is currently the DS rendering the image. I have an idea of how I may be able to make this faster, but it may be something you'll just have to live with.

Seeing the mouse cursor would be helpful. Could you move the keyboard lower? The touch readings warp on the top left of my screen, so it makes typing a 1 very difficult. Changing the IP settings would be much easier if I didn't have to use the touchscreen (like old version) but wouldn't be so important if the settings were saved.

Edited by Sektor

Excellent stuff, I'm well impressed.

Like others, just a teeny bit of trouble with the keyboard.. the keys all light up correctly but its not always sent properly (ie. a password on server of 123, trying to type that in came up with w23 or q23 a lot of the time, even tho the 1 highlighted, same with trying to press L and getting semi-colon).

But seriously, great work....

Tip for M3-CF users: after I updated to the latest e15 firmware the DS2Win.nds no longer works for me, but the.ds.gba one works perfectly.

Edited by iganokage

Excellent stuff, I'm well impressed.

Like others, just a teeny bit of trouble with the keyboard.. the keys all light up correctly but its not always sent properly (ie. a password on server of 123, trying to type that in came up with w23 or q23 a lot of the time, even tho the 1 highlighted, same with trying to press L and getting semi-colon).

But seriously, great work....

Tip for M3-CF users: after I updated to the latest e15 firmware the DS2Win.nds no longer works for me, but the.ds.gba one works perfectly.

I noticed that (regarding the m3 thing)

However, I really cant get 1 to highlight. Is there a way to use buttons rather than touchscreen?

Would you plan to use the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi configuration to access a Network? This way, we should only enter the server adress, and WEP encryption would be supported...

Edit: anyway, great job, I'm looking forward being able to use it (have an WEP encrypted network :P)

Edited by sto