SNK VS CAPCOM 2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... Andy became 'that guy' who was always there, with little to no character development other than repeatedly turning down Mai(!). The whole "American Ninja" thing is out of style anyway, Galford being a stand-up exception to the rule (well, and Chipp, but he's not from SNK, and besides, he's actually got a personality.)

The recent SNK ninja types have been getting more and more exotic. I don't see any reason for SNK to go back to plain ol' vanilla Andy. However, that's no reason to give up on the character - just infuse some fresh ideas into his personality, and make him more fun to use. I mean, the guy's been totally overshadowed by his own disciple - time for an upgrade.

I guess the problem is that he's so set in his image that any changes they make will invariably make him more like Chipp. Seriously. SNK can't cut his hair - too much like Chipp. They can't modernize his outfit, too much like Chipp. They can't speed up his play - too much like Chipp. They can't give him invisibility, etc etc. And if they put him in more 'casual' clothes, then he looks a bit like a blonde Guy.

So what's the answer? Give him his own freaking personality finally! His own distinctive moves, special abilities, etc... but then again, there are too few people who care anymore to really warrant this. Oh well, we'll see if he's ever revived.

ps - Joe is perhaps my very least favorite KoF character, competing with Chang. Chang and Choi should be changed to Smart Chang and Cool Choi somehow. The only thing that would make me interested in playing Joe was if somehow they made Undead Joe, or if they let his hair down, gave him a bunch of sinister tattoos, and cut off one of his arms.

Edited by Swithin

ps - Joe is perhaps my very least favorite KoF character, competing with Chang. Chang and Choi should be changed to Smart Chang and Cool Choi somehow. The only thing that would make me interested in playing Joe was if somehow they made Undead Joe, or if they let his hair down, gave him a bunch of sinister tattoos, and cut off one of his arms.

Then Joe will be.....Oro!!! :P

The only thing that would make me interested in playing Joe was if somehow they made Undead Joe, or if they let his hair down, gave him a bunch of sinister tattoos, and cut off one of his arms.

Hahahahahahahaha! I would love to see that. I usually don't play as Joe except in CvS2. I'm inexplicably good with him in that game...but not in KOF.

yea but snk makes it look sexier!

I love ANDY AND JOE!!! although i dont like how they have slowly been turning him more and more ninja-like, i prefer him using just koppoken they should definatly bring him back for the next VS game along with joe and ROBERT GARICA!!!

I'd like to see Andy re-invented for the new KOF's and Garou (mabey let him wear street clothes with his hair tied back or somthing)

yea but snk makes it look sexier!

Yeah well you would say that.

It's just an opinion. I think the Vampire sexy Capcom art is much more appealling than the washed out 6 colours per character seen in SVC. And what's with Sagat. He looks more out of proportion than he did in Street Fighter 1.

Oh and Hugo wears "poo colour" instead of pink in SVC. :blink:

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

i dont agree, i think SNK sprites are much more sexier dispite the MVS lack of power, i had more fun using capcom characters in svc chaos than i ever had playing sfa

Hahahahahahahaha! I would love to see that. I usually don't play as Joe except in CvS2. I'm inexplicably good with him in that game...but not in KOF.

To clear this up - Joe is WAY overpowered in CvS 2, especially his MAX twin-tornado super, which delivers the ownage on even the cheapest roll-cancelingest roll-cancelers out there. Joe is overpowered because he sucked so much in CvS 1 PRO (1 super, no balance). He was there because Capcom needed another new character to balance out Dan (!). So, the overcompensated to the SNK fanboys by overpowering Joe, Terry, King, and Nakoruru in CvS2.

As for Demitri, he has had the demon effects since Darkstalkers 1 in 1995. Of course, in SVC they changed his teleport dash from (f,f or b,b ) to ( hold B+C, then b,f or f,b ) to limit his scrubability. His down attacks still make him pretty cheap, especially his Midnight Bliss super (d, f, df + AC), which is a quick motion which comes out of nowhere and is unblockable.

and i'm sorry Kyokugen, but Demitri looks better in Darkstalkers III than in SVC. The art style in SVC may be more interesting, but all the characters are too rigid and lack color.

:afro: wonder if anybody's gonna read the whole thing...

Edited by darkmage479