SNK + WWE = WTF!? | Online Stuff

Wizard

Read it to believe it.

Take KOF Mainstream! Lose your hardcore fans! Cha cha cha!

The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact is scedualed for a 10/12 release (October 12, 2004) and people who reserved it will get a special edition of Terry's Hat.

KDDI will also be bringing over the Online Matchmaking service(Multi-Matching BB (MMBB)) that is currently in use in Japan for games such as Capcom's Resident Evil: Outbreak & Outbreak File #2 and Auto Modellista U.S.

The next following games to support it, that will be released in due time within a 3 month timeframe in Japan are;

Mobile Suit Z Gundam: Z Gundam vs. Gundam / Bandai, Winter

Monster Hunter G / Capcom, TBA

The King of Fighters ReBout / SNK Playmore, Dec 22, 2004

The King of Fighters '95 / SNK Playmore, TBA

The King of Fighters '96 / SNK Playmore, TBA

The King of Fighters '97 / SNK Playmore, TBA

The King of Fighters '98 / SNK Playmore, TBA

The King of Fighters '99 / SNK Playmore, TBA

The King of Fighters 2000 / SNK Playmore, TBA

Garou: Mark of the Wolves / SNK Playmore, TBA

The Last Blade / SNK Playmore, TBA

The Last Blade 2 / SNK Playmore, TBA

Twinkle Star Sprites / SNK Playmore, TBA

Sometimes, I don't understand the Mainstream/Hardcore rift. If a company makes things I like, I like to see them be successful, with the caveat that they can't abandon what made them great in the first place. Granted, the move to 3D is not typical of SNK, but they have not stopped production on (and have actually UPPED the presence of, with the re-releases) their 2D games.

If they had put a WWE wrestler IN the game, that would be a problem, but I don't take issue with their promoting their creations in a way that might make them new fans.

LOL, I didn't realize that emu was so well known. I found him in a random fit of googling (we'd been talking about the difference between emus and ostriches) and he was my desktop image for about the last month. And now he shows up here!