Live Action...

Wizard

i wouldnt blab anything about akira here i already had my words in a thread and it was closed. :)

mellisa joan heart you gotta be kidding

that like watching buffy in that jap horror movie remake the grudge

not bad but a strange sound of seen this before can be heard while you watch

these people have too much history to act in these type of movies they are tight cast

but other wise i also heard a rumor that shinji would be played by that harry potter dude hope thats not true

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come off it anti, you know it's going to suck. And it's blasphemy to think of live-actioning akira. Mainly because, what the hell is the point of taking one of the movies credited with bringing Anime to the world, and then take away the thing that made it so popular to the world (the whole animation part). Call me a fan-boy as much as you want, but there has never been a live-action movie based on anime that was good, as far as I know, and there most probably never will be.

Come off it anti, you know it's going to suck. And it's blasphemy to think of live-actioning akira. Mainly because, what the hell is the point of taking one of the movies credited with bringing Anime to the world, and then take away the thing that made it so popular to the world (the whole animation part). Call me a fan-boy as much as you want, but there has never been a live-action movie based on anime that was good, as far as I know, and there most probably never will be.

Really, I DON'T know that it sucks; it hasn't even started production! That is what I am trying to argue; that really, NONE of us know if it is going to suck.

While you may say it sucks in comparison to the original, no matter how good it may be, I am seeing it as a seperate entity, with only a previous anime before it. Sure, history has proven once and again that anime into live-action movies blow chunks, there is always that minute possibility. Minute as it may be, it is still there.

Anon.

EDIT: I have just realized that I, too, am scared that this movie will suck. I think I ma just posing in denial. But, my point still stands. I HOPE that it will be good. The possibility is there for it to be.

Edited by AntiWinner22

And now, i'm agreeing with Skythe (OMG!). If the companies have quality control over the end product, it can be a good movie. Ginax is working with those guys who made LOTR. So the NGE movie could r0x0r us.

I saw rough sketches in a Newtype magazine once some months ago. Looked pretty damn good to me.